The Storm Rises

~~~~Catra~~~~

Entrapta continued to work on the Black Garnet, tinkering away with her blowtorch and her mask covering her face.

What was strange was that Mira was nowhere to be seen. Last I checked, she was in here with Shadow Weaver. Then again, Shadow Weaver may have her as well.

"Alright, hurry it up. Those machines aren't going to hook up themselves." I said, rushing Entrapta and Scorpia.

"And what do you think you are doing?" A familiar voice asked behind me. I turned around calmly, seeing Mira and Shadow Weaver by the door. Shadow Weaver was holding Mira the same way I used to hold her. It infuriated me to the core.

"They won't be hooked up at all." Shadow Weaver said angrily, setting Mira down and standing menacingly.

"Shadow Weaver." Scorpia jumped, "We just-- Uh--"

"Silence!" Shadow Weaver screamed. I kept my cool and smirked.

"Did you really think you could invade my inner sanctum without me noticing?" She asked, "I never thought you were so bold as to openly rebel, but it will be my pleasure to put you back in your place. Or perhaps I will let Miracle take the pleasure."

Mira smiled behind Shadow Weaver, "I wouldn't mind a hit at the kitty Captain." She said, the dark joy in her voice making me sick to my stomach. If this plan works right, then I'm getting my kitten back.

I slowly shook my head in amusement.

"Oh, Shadow Weaver. I can do whatever I want with this hunk of rock." I said.

Shadow Weaver chuckled, "Absurd. By whose authority?"

"By mine." An all too familiar voice said through the monitors. Lord Hordak appeared on all the screens, his face twisted with unapproved anger towards Shadow Weaver.

I bowed respectfully, same as Mira once she saw Hordak.

"Lord Hordak, I don't understand." Shadow Weaver said.

"Catra and Entrapta have been working on a way to meld this strange First Ones tech with our machines, to weaponize it. I found out and was intrigued. I gave Force Captain Catra and her team my blessing to go ahead. So, understand, Shadow Weaver. I am displeased with your interruption."

"My Lord, you're really going to let this-- this princess tinker with my Runestone?" Shadow Weaver asked, gesturing to Entrapta and her robot, Emily.

"Her tinkering has boosted the firepower of every weapon she's touched. So yes, she gets to tinker with whatever she wants. Including the Black Garnet, which is mine to give or take as I see fit."

"You can't. You can't do this! I alone have learned how to draw power from it, a feat no sorceress has done before. I have unlocked its potential!"

"That is where you are wrong, Shadow Weaver. There is one other who has learned to draw power from the Runestone. After all, you trained her yourself."

Shadow Weaver looked down at Mira, who was standing patiently for orders from Lord Hordak or Shadow Weaver.

"Miracle will be able to continue drawing power from the Black Garnet, and use it to aid Catra and her team in their experiments. She has used her powers to greater increase our strength, while you have wasted it on parlor tricks. Force Captain Catra, proceed. The Garnet and the child are yours."

I turned around and smiled, seeing Mira walk over to me and stand by my side.

"Yes, Lord Hordak." I replied.