The Valley of the Lost

~~~~Mira~~~~

I sat in one of the chairs in the meeting room, waiting patiently with Mama, Uncle Bow and Huntara for Auntie Glimmer to return and start the meeting.

Staring at the diamond around my neck, I smiled, a weight off my shoulders since the day I revealed everything to my family. It felt great to no longer have anymore secrets to hide. Now, I could help my family even more than before.

"So, where's Glimmer, again? Didn't she call us here?" Mama asked aloud.

"Uh, I'm sure she'll be here soon." Bow said slightly uncertain. All of a sudden, Auntie Glimmer appeared right in between my mother and Bow.

"You're all here. Good. Just one second." Shs said before quickly disappearing again.

"Oh, I see. She's really taking this queen stuff seriously." Huntara said sarcastically, focusing on filing her nails with one of her many daggers.

"Hey, don't make fun of Queens. I'm a queen. Of the planet no less." I said, muttering that last part.

Huntara's eyes widened, she dropped her dagger and then looked over at me in shock.

"You're a Queen?!" She exclaimed.

I smirked and glanced at her, "Yep. I'll explain later."

Just then, Glimmer teleported back with Mermista, who was holding a drink and a bit of snacks.

"So, as part of my new anti-Hirde strategy, I'm sending you, Adora, Mira, Bow and Huntara on a mission to retrieve Mara's ship from the Crimson Waste." Glimmer explained, "Then, Bow will repair it and then we'll have a spaceship. Take that, Horde."

"Auntie, I think you're forgetting something." I pointed out.

"What?" She asked.

"The Crimson Waste is a desert." Mama clarified, "Doesn't Mermista need, like, water to use her powers?"

Everything went silent, except for Mermista slurping through her straw.

"Oh, good point. Be right back." Auntie said before taking Mermista and teleporting yet again.

"She gonna do that all the time now?" Huntara asked.

"Oh, definitely." Mama said.

"Did I hear the queen?" Bright Moon's head guard asked as she walked into the meeting room, "She's needed in the defense meeting immediately."

I sighed softly. After seeing all that Glimmer is going through after being crowned Queen, I'm glad I get to wait. I want to be prepared to rule, so watching a queen work is good experience. I don't want my people to be ruled by an inexperienced queen who doesn't know how to rule a kingdom when I bring them back.

Glimmer came back, this time with Perfuma, who was covered in snow and water.

"Oh! Hello, everyone." Perfuma said, her voice strained to stay happy.

"What a wonderful..." she sneezed, "interruption to my morning meditation and to see so much of our beautiful planet before I've had my daily tea ceremony."

"Sorry, I may have gotten a little lost on the way." Glimmer said as Perfuma rung out her hair, "But, like I was saying, the Waste has tons of plants which you can use to bring the ship back."

"The Crimson Waste?" Perfuma asked, her eyes sparkling with excitement.

"That's the one. As my first act as queen, I'm sending you all on the mission while I stay back and do important queen duties." Glimmer frowned and slouched in disappointment of not being able to join us.