Beast Island

~~~~Mira~~~~

Hours had passed since we departed from Bright Moon in Mara's ship, heading towards Beast Island. I was told the stories about this horrifying island, but I never wanted to believe that they were true. After all, I was dealing with worse things than stories from the Horde.

"Are you sure we're going the right way?" Swift Wind asked, since we haven't seen anything in the sea for miles, "Like, 100 percent sure?"

Mama sighed and pushed Swift Wind away, "For the last time, I don't know." She answered, "We have to trust that the navigation system knows what it's doing. Now stop asking."

I sighed and turned towards Bow, "Uncle, how's it looking?"

"We've gotta be close." He said, "Any minute now. Beast Island is around here. Somewhere."

Mama walked over to the chair in the center of the bridge, taking a seat next to me, "We will find it. We have to."

"Do you think Glimmer will be upset when we get back?" Bow asked nervously, "We did sort of, kind of, completely disobey direct orders."

"Auntie is stubborn, but she'll understand why we went against her." I said then smiled, "We all want what's best for Etheria, and once we get Entrapta back, Glimmer will now we've made the right decision. Besides, now queen can order around the Queen of the entire planet."

I chuckled at the thought of me becoming queen, but the last words I heard from Glimmer still stung. I was no queen without my kingdom, and because of Glimmer's stubborness, I might not make it to my coronation.

"Right, Mira, you're right. But--- I mean, what if she doesn't? What if she never talks to me again?"

Just then, the holographic map behind Bow began to beep and flash to the rhythm of the alarm, making both me and my mother extremely nervous.

"Uh, Bow, thing that's blinking, should it be blinking?" Mama said wrapping her arms around me in case of any impending danger. Which in this family is most likely and very common.

All of a sudden, everything around me became muffled. The only thing I was able to feel was a darkness that threatened to swallow me whole. And from the look on Swift Wind's face, he could feel the same thing.

"Uh, guys, I'm sensing something out there." I heard Swift Wind say and the world around me became clear again, "Something big, and it's not good."

"I sense it, too. This is really not good." I said, a small sound ringing in my ears.

Suddenly, the ship lurched forward, throwing all of us to the floor. The alarm wailed, several screens with warning signs on them appearing all over the room as we tried to grasp our bearings.

"Don't panic. No one panic." Bow said.

"Uncle, the more you say not to panic, the more we're going to panic!" I shouted. We all stood up and looked past the screens on the dashboard and seeing a large structure with several glowing lights protruding from the seas below.

"Uh, nope. Never mind. Panic!" Bow screamed. We all screamed as the ship crashed into the ocean, landing safely, but in front of the structure we saw before. After gathering ourselves together, we looked up and gasped when we realized where we were.

"It's Beast Island." Mama said. Our search for Entrapta had begun, but I sensed more than one thing on that island. One powerful and strong. The other...... dark and ravenous.

~~~~Adora~~~~

Mira had turned in her Mermista form to use the water to push us closer to shore. Once we docked, I kept her close while we walked onto the shores of the most horrifying place in all of Etheria.