Return to the Fright Zone

~~~~Mira~~~~

We spent a day catching up with out friends after we've returned to Etheria, but every time I felt relaxed, that same strange voice kept calling to me, asking me to save it.

But I couldn't tell who or what was calling me.

I pulled myself away from my thoughts on the voice and turned back to the meeting taking place.

"Mermista, Spinnerella and Scorpia are wreaking havoc across Etheria." Mama stated, "If we wanna stop Horde Prime, we have to neutralize them and figure out how to free them from their chips."

"Leave this to me." Netossa said slamming a large book onto the table, making Mama yelp at the sudden thud, "I've been keeping track of every Princess' weakness. And I've discerned the best tactical strategy to overpower every one of them. Spinny's weakness is obvious."

"Uh-huh. Uh-huh. Real obvious." Mama said as if she knew. But all I was thinking was that how long did Netossa have to spy on us in order to record our weaknesses? I love my Auntie, but she scares me sometimes.

"And, um, ahem, what is it exactly?"

Netossa groaned, "Everyone knows she twisted her ankle when she was a kid." None of us knew that, "If you keep her off balance, her injury will act up on her." She explained showing drawn diagrams of how the plan would work on her wife.

"Next time we fight, I'll target it, subdue her and un-chip her and save her and remind her of it every time she tells me it's my turn to clean."

"Right." Bow said and gently tried to calm Netossa down, "But could we circle back to your not-at-all-weird-and-very-detailed theories on our weaknesses?"

"Yeah, not all of us will be as easy as a twisted ankle." Glimmer said, her confidence up.

Netossa laughed, "Oh, you don't believe me. That's-- That's fine. I'll just demonstrate."

She walked over to a pile of tech and grabbed a piece of it, "Entrapta's weakness." She threw the tech and Entrapta chased after it, crashing into a large pile of junk, "Tech. Mermista's: Fire."

And Seahawk!

"Frosta's: also fire. Adora can't act to save her life. Also extreme hair envy with She-Ra." Mama patted her hair, knowing that it was true. I liked Mama's hair, it wasn't as bright as She-Ra's but it was nice and soft.

"Glimmer: crippling self-doubt mixed with overwhelming hubris."

"Whoa, whoa, whoa." Glimmer said, "That's, like, really personal compared to fire."

~~~~Author's note~~~~

Quick note from the author, Ruby. For those of you who do not know what an overwhelming hubris is, it's like a politician who thinks he's too beloved to lose an election, so he doesn't bother with a campaign to promote himself as a better candidate. 

Netossa is basically pointing out Glimmer's irrational behavior, excessive self confidence, arrogance and her overwhelming sense of pride mostly seen in season four and a little bit sprinkled through the show from the beginning.

Combine this with crippling self-doubt and you get an arrogant, irrational Queen who doesn't take advice from anyone because she feels as if she can do everything on her own without any help.

Words of wisdom: Don't be a Glimmer.

Thank you.

~~~~Back to the story~~~~

"Oh, oh, do me. Do me next." Perfuma said excitedly.

"Perfuma: fire." Netossa answered, "And an inability to unleash your full power due to your overwhelming fear of hurting people you care about."