The Beacon

~~~~Adora~~~~

We failed. We lost to the Horde and it was all my fault. I never took my eyes off the little white bow Mira had given Glimmer, nor could I forget about what happened before we escaped.

Mira was turned into Shadow Weaver, using dark powers and fighting for control. If I had kept a closer eye on her, this never would've happened. Mira, Glimmer and Bow wouldn't have been captured by the Horde, we wouldn't have lost Entrapta and I would still have my daughter with me if I was stronger.

I finally looked up when the skiff stopped, that's when I noticed we were back in the Whispering Woods.

"How could I have let this happen?" I asked myself in regret.

"Adora, it'd not your fault." Bow tried to deny.

"It is my fault." I said, "Entrapta's gone snd Mira has been taken over by some dark magic all because of my plan and foolishness."

"This only happened because we were all together." Mermista said standing up.

"Mermista's right, being together makes us vulnerable." Perfuma said wiping the tears from her eyes while she was curled up tightly in a ball.

"Maybe there's a reason the Princess Alliance fell apart before." Mermista pointed out, "Maybe this whole thing was a bad idea."

"Mermista, no, you can't say that." Glimmer said.

"Whatever. I don't want to be a part of it anymore. Sea Hawk, take me home."

Glimmer gasped seeing the alliance we worked so hard on rebuilding, fall apart right before her eyes. But there was nothing we could do anymore.

The skiff took off again, leaving each princess back at their kingdoms.

~~~~Mermista~~~~

I rode the waves back to Salineas, standing on the water and turning around to see the Sea Gate close in front of me. My people were safe, but at what real cost?

I had actually thought that the Princess Alliance would make us stronger, but instead, it was weaker than I thought.

I allowed the water to swirl around me and take me back to the throne room. When I got there, I stood before the Pearl, watching its bright colors swirl with life. But something felt different about it.

It was as if the Pearl was colder. Not as full of life as it normally is. But why? Why would it change like this?

~~~~Perfuma~~~~

I weaved the vines into statues, honoring the friends we lost in our most recent mission. The statue of Entrapta stood tall above me and my people, flowers blooming all over her as she stared off into the distance.

Another statue stood right next to Entrapta's, this one was of Miracle. The little girl who was so strong and yet so frail. She went through much according to Glimmer and yet she faced the darkness to save us from the Horde.

That little girl was truly a hero to all. I couldn't hold back my tears and ran away as to not feel anymore pain from the loss. But I knew that this pain would never heal completely.

I ran back to the Heart-Blossom and placed my hands on it, but I quickly pulled back away from the runestone. It was so cold. I looked around and saw that none of the flowers and trees were dying. So why was the Heart-Blossom so cold to the touch?

~~~~Frosta~~~~

I closed my eyes as I stood in front of the Fractal Flake. I raised my hands into the air and willed for the ice surrounding my kingdom to grow and shape. The ice rose around the castle and created a shield to protect my kingdom.