The Sword pt. 1

~~~~Mira~~~~

Seven years. It had been seven years since I was brought to the Horde. I didn't know who my family was,, but then again, most of the cadets didn't know about their own families, so it was easy to get along with them at least.

But I did know one thing that was for certain. I knew about the darkness that place held, and I didn't want to be used by them. I didn't want anyone to be used by the Horde.

I breathed in the sweet air of the forest, the beautiful leaves dancing in the wind around me. I knew leaving Horde territory is against the rules, but I couldn't help it. The forest always called to me, or at least something in the forest was calling me.

And for some reason, I felt as if I needed to find it.

I looked up at the sky, seeing the sun hanging high above me. I gasped at the position of the sun. It was almost time for their training sessions to be over.

I reached down to the ground and picked some of the pink and white flowers from the grass and began to run back towards the edge of the forest. It took me a few minutes to run to the edge of the forest, but once I made it there, I stopped.

I stared at the horrid scene of the Horde territory, to which was named the Fright Zone. A perfect name for something that frightened me to the core.

From a distance, all you could see were the strange rock formations surrounding the area, covering it from above as it the rocks were protecting it. A single light was was shining in the center, the center of the Fright Zone where all the cadets trained, ate and slept.

Simply speaking, it was our home.

I took a deep breath, swallowed my fear and ran away from the forest. Once I got close to the metal and earth, I stopped and took one last look at the first behind me.

'I'll see you again soon.' I thought to myself before turning back towards the Fright Zone and running back to my supposed home.

Or should I say.... My cage.

~~~~Adora~~~~

I clipped my belt around my waist, slipped on my boots and tied my hair back into a ponytail. I grabbed my gear and slipped it on before walking to the punching bag.

I punched the bag a few times before brushing my teeth a little and then punching the bag again. I spit out my toothpaste and looked in the mirror, saluting with a serious expression on my face.

Smiling in satisfaction, I walked away while punching the air until I saw the picture taped on the other side of the punching bag.

Mira drew it years ago, a picture of the evil primcess terrorizing the people of the Horde.

"Hey, Princess." I said, "You looking at me?" I shouted as I kicked the bag, avoiding thw picture of course. It was a great picture, who would want to hit it?

Suddenly, a loud beep rang through the air.

"All squadrons, report to training area immediately for evaluation." A woman announced over the PA.

I smiled and immediately made my way to the training area. I was the second one to make it to the training area, Kyle and Lonnie rushing up behind me and Rogelio already there.