Bringing back a Light

~~~~Adora~~~~

I ran and ran back to the battlefield, the water splashing underneath my feet as I knocked out some soldiers trying to hit me as I continued through.

"Where's my shield?" I asked myself, running around and looking at the water to try and find it. All of a sudden, I felt something wrap around me and a powerful shock ran through my body.

I screamed as even more shocks ran through me and several other ropes wrapped around my body. I opened my eyes from the pain and saw four Horde soldiers holding the other ends of electrifying whips as I fell to my knees in the water.

I continued to groan in pain, but then, I felt something freezing cold touch me.

I heard a dark chuckle and from the shadows in the water, rose Mira, smiling devilishly at me. She held out her hands and shadows erupted from her palms. The shadows wrapped around me, causing the pain to double.

"What a wonderful sound, Princess. Please, do continue." She said, sounding excited and happy to hear my screams of pain.

"Mira... please.... this isn't you...." I said through my heavy pain filled breaths, "You're not dark.... you're not evil. You're my daughter!"

"I AM NO ONE'S DAUGHTER!!" She screamed, forcing the shadows to grow stronger. Suddenly, the area around Bright Moon slowly dimmed, the light from the Moonstone growing dark. Through my blurred vision, I saw someone else walk up behind Mira.

It was Catra. She smiled at me while she walked closer, leaning forward and gently caressing my cheek as if to taunt me.

"Now, it's over." She said. I fell to the ground, not wanting to feel anymore pain from anything else. I failed, not only my friends and Bright Moon, but also my own daughter.

"Be sure to keep her weakened for a while, okay, Miracle?" Catra said.

"No worries. It is my pleasure to put this princess in her place." Mira replied.

~~~~????~~~~

I held Mira in my arms. Her body was cold. Her heart beat was weak. Her skin was pale.

I could only hold her as the last bit of her light was slowly beginning to fade again.

I failed. I broke my promise to him. And now, I, along with Mira, will be lost in the darkness forever.

"We... feel the.... evil.... coming....." I heard a soft voice echo through the darkness. I gasped, recognizing the melody and looked down at Mira.

Her blue lips were barely moving with her heavy breathing.

"Shadows all around...." she whispered weakly the melody, "Danger.... surrounds us... but it won't.... bring us ..... down."

I smiled and held her even closer to me.

"That's right, Miracle. No matter the darkness or the danger, you will not be brought down. Keep fighting child. Just for a little while longer. Please..." I begged.

I could only do so much to keep her light ablaze. This was all up to Adora now. Mira is strong, hut not even with her power can she keep the darkness at bay for much longer.

"Adora.... hurry... she does not have much time...."

~~~~Adora~~~~

I looked up, seeing the blurred figures of Catra, Mira, and even more soldiers in front of me. All of a sudden, I felt a powerful gust of wind, and saw all of the Horde soldiers, Catra and Mira be pushed away. Even the shadows were gone when Mira was flung back.