In the Shadows of Mystacor

~~~~Adora~~~~

The night was dark and full of terrible nightmares for me and Mira. I could hardly sleep, always hearing the voice of Shadow Weaver whispering in my ear.

"Adora." Shadow Weaver's voice said my name, causing me to bolt up from the ground where we slept. I looked down at Mira, her face still scrunched up in her sleep. Her fever went down a lot, but she was still pretty warm, so that could've caused her nightmares.

Unfortunately, I didn't know what nightmares she could possibly be having. She never spoke, nor has she drawn any pictures so I would have some idea of what she dreamt about.

She clutched onto me tightly as I held her close. Suddenly, before I could try to go back to sleep, I heard something rustle in the nearby bushes. I looked towards the darkness of the trees nearby and stood up with Mira in my grasp to go see what was wrong.

Long story short, I didn't get any sleep that night.

~~~~Glimmer~~~~

I heard Bow yawning next to me, the earliest riser in all of Etheria.

"Good morning, Glimmer." He said in a joyful tone.

I groaned, pulling my cape over my head to block the sun from hitting my eyes.

"It's too early. Five more minutes." I groaned.

"But it's a beautiful morning." Bow said.

"Today's canceled. Go back to bed." Bow didn't say anything, but I could feel his eyes staring into the back of my head.

"I can feel you staring at me." I groaned again, sitting up and looking at my friend, "Why is it the one who snores is always the first one to fall asleep?"

"What? I don't snore." Bow stated, then looked to his right, "Adora, do I snore--?"

I looked over Bow's shoulder and saw an empty space. But then, we looked up and saw Adora, holding Mira closely to her chest, standing near a few trees that surrounded us.

I groaned in annoyance, grabbing Bow and teleporting to Adora, who gasled in surprise as soon as we touched her.

"Sorry." I apologized, "Too early to teleport."

Adora didn't say anything back, instead just continuing to stare out into the distance with a concerned and stern expression.

"What are we looking at?" Bow asked, looking in the same direction Adora was looking in.

"I don't know." Adora answered, "I heard a noise in the woods last night, and, I thought I saw something."

"What? Like a bunny? Maybe a butterfly?" I joked trying to lighten the mood, but Adora didn't seem to be in a joking mood and just clutched Mira tighter.

I took a closer look at Adora and Mira. Adora had dark circles under her eyes and a tired look on her face as she stared into the distance. Mira was still sleeping and there still some evident red tints in her cheeks. She still had a fever, sure it's gone down in the past couple of days and the medicine was helping it go down, but I was getting nervous about how long the fever lasted.

"Adora," I touched her shoulder and she jumped, "Did you get any sleep at all?"

"Someone has to stand guard." She said and then walked away from us.

"Okay. I know you're on edge because of what happened with Entrapta's infected robots, but it's all over now!" I reassured, gently rubbing her arms, "You need to relax. You need a vacation. Which is why we're going to Mystacor."