Fractured

~~~~Glimmer~~~~

I stood in front of Double Trouble with Shadow Weaver, who was teaching me how to perform a truth circle.

"Maintain the connection." She instructed, "That's right. Stay focused."

"Does this usually take so long?" Double Trouble asked, "I never require this much rehearsal. Maybe sorcery just isn't your calling."

I felt my anger rise and the connection to the truth circle fade.

"Do not allow them to distract you." Shadow Weaver warned me. I shook off my anger and tried again, forcing the truth circle forward and making it pass over Double Trouble.

"I did it." I cheered excitedly before regaining my composure, "I mean, of course I did. It's a truth spell. Don't bother fighting it. Just tell me everything you know about the Horde's plans."

Double Trouble groaned in pain and struggle, "Yes. I can resist no longer. I shall tell you the truth. The truth is... that outfit really isn't working for you. Oh, and magic isn't either."

I groaned in frustration, reminding myself to learn the spell better for next time.

"Aw. Your little spell failed." They said standing up to make fun of me, "You believed my performance, though. I can tell. It's called acting. That's the real magic here."

Before they could go any further, one of my guards came in through the door.

"Your Majesty." She said, "Adora and Miracle have returned and called a meeting of the Princess Alliance."

"Adora and Mira are back?" I asked in surprise.

"Adora and the little sweetie called a meeting?" Double Trouble said, "Can they do that? I thought you were the queen of this kingdom." They transformed into Adora with a ridiculously high puff on their head.

"Oh, I guess I should work on my Adora and Miracle impressions. They're clearly the better leaders here. Is the hair poof high enough."

I groaned in frustration yet again and teleported to the meeting room for the gathering.

~~~~Adora~~~~

Bow, Mira, the princesses and I stood around the table watching a holographic demonstration of what would happen if the Heart of Etheria were to activate. The holographic planet had a glowing core that grew and grew until finally the planet exploded into shards broken pieces.

I could feel Mira's hand clutch mine as the hologram exploded, because she knew that this would happen to her if the Heart were to be activated. And if it did happen.... not even her Runestone could bring her back.

"That's really going to happen?" Perfuma asked, "To Etheria? To--To us?"

"To Mira?" Frosta added.

"The Heart of Etheria nearly destroyed everyone in Mara's time." Bow explained, "The only reason they were able to see it coming was because of Mira's connection to the planet. But now, it's gotten stronger, more volatile over the centuries. If it goes off now... We have to make sure it never goes off again."

"Then we have to make sure it never goes off." Mermista said, "If the planet is destroyed then so goes Mira along with it. Losing my kingdom was hard... but losing a child that I consider my niece will be even more painful."

"That's right, I'm not losing my best friend." Frosta said, "So, how do we stop it?"

"Stop it?" A voice repeated from the door. We turned towards the voice and saw Glimmer and Shadow Weaver walking in.