To See You Again

~~~~Mira~~~~

We walked dowm the steps of a back alley, following Huntara to her contact's location. But the hairs on the back of my neck stood on end. Something wasn't right, but I didn't want to alarm anyone.

I mean, we were in the center of all thief and scavenger territory. Of course we're going to feel insecure about everything that crawls into this valley.

"Are you sure we can trust her contact?" Perfuma asked Mama quietly, but we could all still hear her whispers.

"You scared?" Huntara asked, turning around and smirking at us.

Mama scoffed, "Of course not." She said.

"Good, 'cause we're here." Huntara pointed her thumb at an old tart tent filled with all sorts of junk.

We cautiously walked up to the tarp tent and Huntara looked around almost disgusted by the junk displayed around.

"Ugh." She groaned, "Who would pay for this junk?"

"Fools, just like you." A voice said from behind one of the hanging tarts in the back. A large hand pushed away the tarp, revealing Huntara's contact.

She was a large woman with a lot of muscle, but had just as much facial hair fashioned as a beard. Her only visible eye was yellow, the other one hidden beneath an eyepatch. And the most distinctive piece of her body, was the metal claw on her left arm.

The woman approached us, "You shouldn't be here. It's not safe." She then looked down at me, "Especially not for little kids, Huntara."

The woman quickly ushered us inside her little hut in the back and looked out for anything suspicious. But if she wanted to see something suspicious and not safe, she should've used the broken mirror in the corner.

It's clear to say that I didn't trust this woman one bit.

"Grox, what's going on? Where's the gang?" Huntara asked as Mama, Uncle Bow and Perfuma shed their cloaks. But I only held mine tighter around my body.

"Hiding." Grox answered, "The Waste has been infested with Horde scun since you left. Can't turn without running into them, interfering with business."

Grow spit towards Perfuma, making the flower princess jump to avoid the bodily fluid. I swear, it kinda moved before sliding down the wall.

"Things here haven't been easy." Grox continued, wrapping her arm around Huntara's shoulders and smiling, "You're a real sight for sore eyes."

"You, too." Huntara said, "Grox, I need your help. We're looking for a ship."

"And I got just the thing to help."

Grox went over to a box in the corner, pulling out old junk, including an old Horde cape with the Horde crest on the back. Bow picked it up and was about to stash it away when Grox stood back up with a horn in hand.

"Ah, here it is." She said, "Now, before I do this, Huntara, I need you to remember one thing. One very important thing you forgot."

I knew what Grox was going to do and prepared myself for She-Ra. I grabbed Mama's hand and pulled her towards the corner.

"Mama, get ready to fight." I said.

Before she could ask me what I meant, Gtox made the ultimate betrayal.

"This is the Crimson Waste. Trust no one." She said before blowing into the horn.

Everyone but me gasped in shock at her betrayal.

"I've got the Revel intruders." Grox shouted, blowing the horn again before Huntara grabbed Grox by the collar and hoisted her into the air.

"You sold us out?" She asked angrily while Grox laughed.