Failsafe

~~~~Mira~~~~

I stared at the witch standing in front of us with Castaspella, my mothers and Naila shielding me from her sight. It didn't make any sense to me. Castaspella hated Shadow Weaver for not only teaching her brother dark magic, but also for infecting me with shadow magic and helping Hordak try to take over Etheria.

So why as she standing there with her?

"So, wait." Bow said, "Where have you two been this whole time again?"

"While you were traipsing around in space, some of us have been working to stop the Heart of Etheria from falling into Prime's hands." Shadow Weaver said, "And we've discovered the same thing you did. Rumors of a Failsafe that will break the restraints to First Ones built and set the stolen magic free."

"Are you kidding?" Glimmer shouted in anger, "After everything that happened last time, you're still going after the Heart of Etheria? And you're helping her? We lost Mira once because of that Heart!"

Castaspella looked down in shame, "We're trying to free the magic for all of Etheria so we can be strong enough to fight Prime. I'm doing this for your father and for you. Shadow Weaver is the lesser of two evils."

"At least you admit she's evil." Mom said, Melog growling next to her, "It's because of her that Mira was infected by darkness. We could've lost her years ago."

"You're one to talk, aren't you? Didn't you kill her once?" Shadow Weaver shot back. Mom growled with Melog and tried to attack Shadow Weaver, but Mama stopped her before she could do anything.

"Tell us what you know about the Failsafe." Mama said while calming Mom down, "What makes you think it's in Mystacor?"

"As any good sorcerer knows, Mystacor was built on the ruins of an ancient First Ones citadel." Shadow Weaver explained, "And beneath Mystacor--"

"Ooh, ooh. Can I tell this part?" Castaspella asked.

"Go ahead." 

"Beneath Mystacor, there are many secret tunnels and rooms, forgotten and sealed off. No one has been able to access them in centuries, but there are whispers of what they contain."

"An artifact known as the Crystal of Arxia, hidden there by a group of traitorous First Ones." Shadow Weaver finished, much to Castaspella's annoyance.

"You said I could do it!"

"You were taking too long."

"Arxia." Bow repeated, "That must be the outpost that Mara's rebels were talking about! The Failsafe might be underneath Mystacor."

"Reaching it won't be easy." Shadow Weaver warned, "But I have spent my whole life studying the secrets of Mystacor. I can get us in."

"If you've figured it out on your own, why come back here?" Mama asked, "Why do you need us at all?"

"Because Mystacor is controlled by Micah, who, you may recall, is controlled by Horde Prime. You have allowed Prime to take too much ground." She placed her hands on Mama's shoulders, making both me and Mom tense up, "If he seizes the Heart, it will all be over. Not just for Etheria, but for Miracle as well. There is no time for half measures, Adora. You must act now."

I couldn't stop myself. I ran out from behind Mom and Mama, stepped in between the witch and my mother and transformed into my Crystalian form, glaring up at the dark witch.

"If you wish for us to go along with your plan, you will stay away from my mother. Do you understand, Shadow Weaver?" I growled at her. Shadow Weaver backed away and Mom left to her corner. I could tell she was angry at Shadow Weaver, we all were. With everything she's ever done to us, it was only reasonable that she hold a lot of resentment an anger towards the witch.