Moment of Truth

~~~~Glimmer~~~~

With a lot of effort, I teleported me, Bow and Hintara back to Bright Moom as soon as the numbness wore off. We landed in the meeting room where we saw all the princesses and my mother waiting inside.

"Oh, good, you're all ready here. Perfect." I said relieved.

"Yeah. Where have you been?" Mermista asked standing back up. I guess my sudden arrival startled her out of her chair.

"Is this, like, some new She-Ra form?" Mermista asked, looking over at Huntara who was looking around the room and the holographic table.

"No. This is Huntara. She's the leader of the Crimson Waste. Or was." I quickly explained, "Uh, we don't have time to get into it. We need to get to the Fright Zone."

"The world doesn't stop just because you aren't here." My mom said seriously, "We have been planning our attack on the Horde."

Bow sighed loudly, "Oh, that's a relief, because Catra kidnapped Adora and Mira."

Everyone in the room gasped.

"The Horde has Adora and Miracle?" My mom asked shocked.

"Which also means they can open a portal because they have her sword, and we know anytime they want they're planning on taking whatever power Mira has." I said.

"What? I don't understand." Mom panicked.

"So there's no time to waste."

"Glimmer, slow down."

"We need to go to the Fright Zone now."

"We? You are not going anywhere until you explain." My mom stood up, her wings stretched wide as she glared down at me.

"Glimmer, outside. Now!"

~~~~Mira~~~~

My mother was bound just like I was, but unlike her, my mouth was completely uncovered, and my mother, Catra, was holding me in her arms.

We were dragged back to the horrifying Firght Zone, the place of my most terrifying nightmares.

As we were forcibly dragged through Hordak's halls towards his laboratory, I couldn't help but think about what my mother was doing to us.

This wasn't how a mother should truly act. A mother should be caring and put her children and family above everything, especially above something as stupid as a ranking.

And yet.... Mama Catra went against everything sensible and good in this world to bring me and Mama back to the Fright Zone...

Did this mean that.....

Did this mean that I wasn't as important to her....?

Was I really below a ranking in the Horde...?

Did my mother even care about me....?

I guess not....

Mama Adora struggled against Mama Catra as the doors opened and we were dragged inside. There in front of us were Hordak, leader of the Horde, and Entrapta, the princess we never meant to leave behind.

Mama Catra threw Mama Adora to the floor, but kept a tight grip on me and the Sword of Protection. That's when I felt it. Something welling up inside my chest as the runestone on the sword began to glow slightly.