Goodbye For Now

~~~~Mira~~~~

It had been about a week and a half since I woke up, and even though I was in a catatonic state, I was still able to hear everything that had happened in the outside world. I listened to Mama's words about her battles. I was able to see her cry as we both went to sleep, or at least tried to sleep every night. 

While Daia's life was slowly being integrated with my body, mind and soul, I was unable to do anything until the process was complete. I couldn't even tell my mother that everything was going to be all right. And even if I could at the time, how would she even believe me? She is no longer able to transform into She-Ra, and because of that, she was suffering in more ways than one.

I told her to break the Sword of Protection. And since the sword was shattered beyond repair, Mama became disheartened and depressed. She thought that because she was She-Ra, she could do so much more to protect others. Now that Mama no longer had the sword, her confidence shattered along with it. 

But as Madame Razz said, She-Ra is not the sword. She-Ra is both me and my mother. I could still feel her within me and inside my mother. 

And I could see her in my dreams. But she wasn't the same She-Ra we all knew. And I could see someone else with her, standing beside her holding a crystal sword in her hand. Who this other person was, I couldn't understand why they were there, but I knew someone within me that they were important to both myself and to all of Etheria.

I stood in the center of the small opening that led outside from where we were hiding out in the Whispering Woods. I was still a little weak from being stuck in bed for a month, so I continued with my 'Solar-Therapy' as I called it. 

Standing in the sunlight, especially during sunrise and sunset, healed me much faster than just during the normal hours of the day. And as the sun set beyond the horizon of the trees, I smiled, feeling my strength returning even more.

"Mira?" A voice called from behind me. I turned away from the sunset and looked back towards the entrance to the camp. The voice belonged to Frosta, standing by the edge of the entrance, she looked at me worriedly.

"It's about time to come back in." She said. I nodded and walked back towards the camp entrance, but then she stopped me by grabbing my hand.

"Hey, are you sure you're feeling all right?" She asked me. I looked at her confused. I was almost at full health again, of course I would feel fine.

But I knew she was just as worried as everyone else. They had waited a while for me to come back, and I didn't want to cause them any more worry than they already felt.

I turned back towards Frosta and pulled her into a hug, to which she returned just as quickly.

"Frosta, I'm just fine. I may need another sunrise and sunset, but I'm all right. There's no need to worry." I replied softly.

"No you're not." Frosta said, pulling away from the hug. She looked at me with so much fear and concern, that I didn't really know how to react to it.

"I've heard around the camp at night, crying, whimpering. Don't try to deny it. You've been having nightmares and it's really scaring me. If you have anything on your mind, please... just tell someone, okay?" 

My eyes widened, she had heard my nightmares? I thought I was being as quiet as possible. But, I suppose people would find out sooner or later about my nightmares. The sunlight was allowing my body to recover, and that meant no dark circles under my eyes, but the thoughts of my dreams would always come back to hit me.

I hugged Frosta again, this time my shoulders slightly shaking from remembering my dreams.

"I'm sorry, Frosta. I didn't mean to make you worry about me like that." I said, "It's just that... my dreams, they.... you know that they're able to show me the future, right?" Frosta nodded into my shoulder, "It's what I see in the future that scares me."