The Message

~~~~Mira~~~~

We stood in front of a large ship buried in the sands of the Crimson Waste, but I wasn't focused on that.

I was more focused on the sense of fear flowing through my body. I couldn't stop my hand from shaking, nor could I look away from the ship.

The worst part... I didn't know why I was so terrified.

"I can't believe I'm standing in front of Mara's ship." Mama said.

"How do you know this is Mara's?" Glimmer asked.

"Light Hope showed me Mara's ship crashing. Right before the stars disappeared."

"Well, I don't know who Mara is, but that's definitely the ship that says your name." Huntara said.

"Wait. Says my name?"

"Not Adora. It says She-Ra."

We ran as fast as we could to ths ship, expecting to see so many incredible things from the past First Ones.

Instead, we found it to be barren, only wires and some pieces of metal left behind. Oh, and a lot of rust.

"Or it could be empty. That's an option, too." Bow added, since earlier he was imagining all the amazing First Ones tech we would find inside the ship.

Mama and I looked around, touching the rusting metal covered in red sand. But the two of us were very confused. Especially me. My hands were still shaking in fear and everything just seemed weird.

"This can't be it." Mama said in disbelief, "Where's the message coming from then?"

"Has this ship always been here?" Glimmer asked Huntara.

"The Crimson Watse git hit with the mother of all dust storms." She explained, "And when it cleared, this was unearthed."

"And then people stole everything they could pry up and take." Bow added.

"Look, if they didn't want things stolen, they should have bolted everything down better. Besides, no one comes here anymore."

I turned to Huntara, "Why's that?" I asked.

"Because there's nothing else to steal?" Glimmer suggested.

"Well, that. And it's haunted."

As soon as Huntara said the word haunted, we heard a voice echoing through the room.

"She-Ra. Etheria. Gone." The voice said softly, but loud enough for all of us to hear it.

"Where is that voice coming from? And where's the door?" Mama wondered, "This ship is massive but this room is tiny. There has to be a door around here somewhere."

I looked around, standing next to my mom, when I glanced down and noticed something on the floor. It was an engraving of She-Ra's shield. But there was also something written near the First Ones writing.

It was the same writing as in the book that the white figure gave to me.

"Mama, look down." I said, grabbing her sleeve and tugging it to get her attention.

She looked down and saw the shield carving, her eyes widened as she took her sword and made transform into the shield.

Immediately, I felt something coming from the shield. A sense of great power, like a key unlocking a deep secret.

The runestone on ths shield emitted a powerful rainbow colored light, which reacted to the carving below us. Ths carving lit up as well as the rest of the room, revealing a mosaic of She-Ra on the wall in front of us.