A Step Forward

~~~~Adora~~~~

We traveled for another half a day, and for some reason, we decided to steal the town's horse. Not that I'm complaining, but I did feel kind of bad about taking it.

The good thing about it was that Glimmer could ride the horse. She seemed really tired, and so did Mira, since she was riding the horse along with Glimmer, sleeping peacefully with Glimmer holding her.

It had only been a day and Mira has already grown close to Glimmer and Bow. I had to admit, it was nice to see hee trusting others again.

"Hey, we made it." Bow said shaking Glimmer and Mira awake. The two woke up albeit a little groggy. But I was staring at the amazing sight in front of me.

"Welcome to Bright Moon." Glimmer said welcomingly.

I gasped in awe at the amazing castle in front of us. Around the castle were several wing statues and in the center, was a large glowing stone shining brightly for all to see. It was more amazing than I could have ever imagined.

"It's so beautiful." I said.

"Okay." Glimmer sighed, "I just need to go in there, recharge and deal with my mom. This'll  be fun." She groaned. Mira reached out towards me, I took her off the horse and Glimmer rode away, but not before turning back arouns towards us.

"Uh, Bow? Maybe you should take Adora and Mira in the back way?" She said unsurely.

Bow's eyes widened, "Oh, yeah. Good call."

"What's the back way?" I asked.

~~~~Time skip~~~~

"This is the back way?" I asked, finding myself on the side of the castle under a window with Mira strapped to my back, both of us hanging on for dear life.

"It might seem weird, but we totally come in this way all the time." Bow explained ss he pulled us into a large and frilly room.

"Oh! Hey, here. Why don't you put this robe on?" Bow said, throwing a lilac robe over my head, "No reason."

I pulled the robe off my face and raised my eyebrow, "You're trying to hide us." I said bluntly.

"What? No!" Bow answered, smiling at us nervously, "Okay, well, maybe not Mira, since she's still just a kid and all and no one would ever suspect her to be a Horde soldier and all that."

I sat Mira down on the pink cushions next to the window, where she playfully tested the soft cushions, bouncing up and down and smiling softly at the comfort.

I smiled and sat next to her. Mira scooted closer to me and leaned against my chest, slowly falling back to sleep. I couldn't say that I was surprised, she always got tired after watching the sunrise and sunset.

Bow continuously opened and closed the door, nervously looking for anyone coming to the room.

I sighed loudly, "Okay, I get it. I'm guessing the people of Bright Moon are gonna be less welcoming of a Horde soldier than you led me to believe."

"Maybe a little." Bow said.

"How little?"

"Think pitchforks and torches."

I groaned and held Mira closer to me. I hoped that it wouldn't that bad for her sake, but now....

"It's just that the people of Bright Moon have been really hurt by the Horde. Everyone here has lost someone in the war." Bow walked over to me and Mira and knelt down.