Ties Broken

~~~~Adora~~~~

I stood in the center of the grassy field in my She-Ra form, Mira standing next to me in her own She-Ra state.

My eyes were closed as I concentrated with my sword held tightly in my hands, trying to figure out how to fix the watchtower.

"Try concentrating." Swift Wind shouted in my ear, causing me to lose my concentration and get more annoyed than I already was.

"Focus the She-Ra. She-Ra...."

"I can't concentrate when you're distracting me!" I shouted back, "This worked in Salineas."

"Hey, you know what might help? Loop-de-loops. With me. Get on my back."

I groaned and sighed in frustration.

"Swift Wind, you're not taking this seriously." I said.

"I'm just saying. Everything's better with loop-de-loops."

"It's fine. I got this."

Mira sighed next to me and walked around to Swift Wind.

"Maybe we should do it, Mama." She said, "Aren't we supposed to work with Swifty?"

I shook my head, "Go on if you want to, Mira, I'm gonna try something else."

Mira frowned, but I didn't turn my attention away from the floating rubble. With Mira on his back, Swift Wind flew into the air and left me alone on the ground.

I focused on my sword and it transformed into a lasso. I tossed my lasso onto one of the floating rubble pieces and tried to pull it closer to me, but instead, the rubble pulled me away.

~~~~Mira~~~~

The wind blew against my cheeks as Swift Wind flew in the air. I barely noticed my form go back to normal, as I was completely calm and relaxed. The wind.... it was sweet and gentle.

I stared at the wide open skies above me, the strangest feeling washing over me.

"Mira...." my peace was broken by a voice invading my thoughts. I gasped and looked around to see who said my name. But there was no on else around.

No one else could know about this place, and yet a voice called out my name. And that voice was not my mom.

"Mira? Are you okay?" Swift Wind asked.

I sighed and looked back forward, "I'm okay, Swifty. Just thought I heard something."

"What did you hear?" He asked.

"I just thought I heard someone say my name." I shrugged my shoulders, "Must've been the wind."

"All right then. Let me know if I'm flying too rough for you, okay? I don't want you getting air sick." Swift Wind told me. I smiled and nodded, letting Swift Wind fly however he wanted.

But, that voice kept saying my name in the wind. It never stopped, but kept repeating my name over and over again.

I didn't know why, but the voice was....

Strangely familiar. As if I had heard it before.

~~~~Glimmer~~~~

I struggled to pull Catra across the ground, her annoying cbatter bouncing in my mind as she hadn't stopped talking since the river.

It still shocks me how Mira and Adora were able to handle this cat girl for so long.

"I don't know about you guys, but I am beat." Catra said taunting us with her carefree banter, "Getting held hostage is so much work." She yawned, "Almost as exhausting as torturing Entrapta every day."