Feral Cat

The rain was pouring as it made loud dripping sounds that surrounds the empty streets. One girl with her umbrella was silently walking back home after buying some groceries at the nearest market. She also payed a visit to her aunt's house, just asking how are they these days of pandemic but the real reason she was there was because her cousin invited her to come over and returned her hoodie back.

Hyeri looked around with a smile on her face as she admired the green leaves of the trees soaked with rain water, the grey clouds that covered both the sun and the blue sky. She passed by few stores which some she find interesting and she'll surely come visit to look what they were selling. Hyeri happened to pass by a dark alley and she flinched when she heard noises in it. She was hesitating to take a look but her curiosity won as she walks slowly to the narrow alley.

The noises kept going as she slowly approach a bunch of trash bins and garbages since that was were the sounds came from. Hyeri kept her bravery as she boldly but slowly walk towards it.

She flinched when a high-pitched meow was heard behind the garbage bags. Hyeri immediately knew what it was as she rushed to removed the garbages to take the animal. Once she finally took away the trash, a soaked kitten revealed itself as it hurried to Hyeri's side who was still holding her umbrella to take cover from the rain.

Hyeri awed at the sight as she slowly crouched, not wanting to scare the kitten, gently patting its wet fur. The kitten purred as the young girl rubs its head, enjoying Hyeri's warmth. Hyeri didn't hesitate to take one of her coats off, since she was wearing two, and used it to carry the wet cat. The animal just stayed still as it was enjoying her warm and comfortable coat.

Hyeri walked out the dark alley with her carefully carrying the cat, her umbrella, and the grocery bag then finally it's time for her to go back home.

She was now in front of the dorm's door with the kitten in her arms silently sleeping as she rang the doorbell, waiting for one of her members to open the door. She heard muffled sounds from the other side of the door, sighed in relief as she knew that there will be finally someone who'll open the door for a few minutes since she's carrying too many things right now.

"What took yo-oh my god what is that!" The door revealed Hyejoo who currently had a shocked face as she stared at the soaked furry kitten wrapped in Hyeri's thick coat. Hyeri didn't have time to explain since her hands and arms are about to give up from the weight she is carrying right now, then she immediately went inside leaving Hyejoo at the door who was dumbfounded, nevertheless she followed Hyeri after closing the door.

"Panpan brought a stray kitten home!" Hyejoo heard Jiwoo shouted from the living room, then the others who were minding their business rushed to where Hyeri is. Everyone looked at the young girl who brought the kitten with confused faces.

"Oh I found this little one in a dark alley while it was raining, it looked like it doesn't have a mother anymore. Since I don't know what could happen to it, I decided to take it home and take care of it!" Hyeri explained while the others adored the sleeping kitten on Hyeri's coat.

"Congratulations Miss Kang! You've achieved parenthood" Haseul clapped then placed an invisible medal on Hyeri's neck.

Hyeri laughed at the older's action and statement but later on decided to clean the soaked and dirty kitten before feeding it.

"Wah! You're all clean now" Hyeri wiped off her non-existent sweat after she finished bathing the kitten with warm water and wrapping it in a clean comfortable towel. The kitten let out a little meow as it made Hyeri's heart jump in happiness. She sat down on the bedroom's floor then the kitten made it's way to Hyeri's lap, snuggling onto the girl's warmth.

"Hmm, should I name you?" Hyeri caressed the now soft cat's fur as it purred in satisfaction.

"How about Grey? A cool name given by a cool owner sounds cool right!" Hyeri exclaimed as the kitten meowed, Hyeri took that as a yes.

"Why Grey?" Hyeri flinched at the sudden voice that entered the room, Jinsoul sat down on the floor beside the younger.

"Since he is a grey tabby cat and I met him while the clouds are grey because it was raining, wouldn't it be such a great meaning behind its cool name?"

"You have such a good way of thinking Riley, also how did you know it's a he?" Jinsoul patted Hyeri's head as the younger girl chuckled at Jinsoul's sudden compliment.

"I just know it~"

"Ooh! I'm going to introduce you to orbits!" Hyeri placed Grey down while it sat, seemingly confused, in no time Hyeri snapped a picture of the kitten. Jinsoul just looked at her with a smile, admiring her cute actions.

"And posted!" Then Jinsoul and Hyeri played with Grey for a while until the others called them out to eat lunch. Of course, after they ate they wouldn't let a moment pass to play with the newly added member of their family.