Chapter forty-eight

Brea sat up on the counter while Carlisle wrapped up her hand, Bella stood beside her...while Edward stood on the other side of the room, eyes never leaving her.

"Brea what did you do? Fall walking on a flat surface?" Emmett asked, holding back a laugh.

"UM! No I wish....I punched a werewolf in the face, but I did break his nose," Brea said.

"Badass! You are one tough little human! And one day you'll be one hell of a newborn," Emmett smirked.

"Well I'll totally take you on!" Brea smiled.

Rosalie jumped to her feet and mumbled under her breathe....Brea turned to look at her, and saw how angry she looked.

"Ignore her!" Emmett said.

"Something is bothering her..." Brea sighed, jumping off the counter and slowly following Rosalie.

Brea walked outside onto a very large porch.

"Go blather to someone else about the joy of becoming a newborn," Rosalie snapped.

"I'm sorry. B-But Rosalie, I don't understand what I did for you to hate me so much...I thought we were becoming friends," Brea sighed.

"I-I don't hate you...I could never hate you, I envy you. I'm just confused on why you want this," Rosalie said.

"What? Why?" Brea asked.

"It's true...but you have a choice! I didn't, none of us did, but you do and you're choosing wrong. I  don't care about how miserable your life is," Rosalie replied.

"My life is miserable....It's not perfect, nobody's life is perfect," Brea sighed.

"Mine was! Absolutely perfect!" Rosalie smiled.

"I-I wanna try something," Brea said, walking closer to Rosalie.

Brea placed her hand on Rosalie's hand.

"Now open up your mind to me," Brea said.

Rosalie nodded.

"There were things I still wanted, To be married with a nice house and a husband who kissed me when he came home. A family of my own," Rosalie replied.

Suddenly images of Rosalie appeared in Brea's head...but she wasn't alone, she was with a very handsome man....but evil filled his eyes.

"Royce King was the most eligible bachelor in town, I barely knew him. But I was young, I was in love with the idea of love. On the last night of my life I left a friends house late, I wasn't far from home," Rosalie said.

More images filled Brea's head but this time they were much more graphic....

"They left me in the street thinking I was dead, believe me I wanted to be. Carlisle found me, he smelled the blood, he thought he was helping me," Roslie sighed.

"Oh Rosalie," Brea whispered.

"I got my revenge on them, one at a time! Save Royce for the last so he would know i was coming. I was little theatrical back then. However things did get better after I met Emmett, but we'll always be this, Frozen...never moving forward. That's what I miss the most, possibilities, sitting on a front porch somewhere, Emmett grey haired by my side surrounded by our grandchildren and their laughter filling our ears," Rosalie smiled.

"I understand that's what you want. There's nothing I could ever want more than Edward...and spending forever with him," Brea said.

"You're wrong again! After you've been changed there's one thing you'll want more. One thing you'll kill for...and it's blood," Rosalie repiled.

"Maybe. I-I also wanted to say...You didn't deserve to get treated like that by Royce... and when those images flooded my head, I also felt the horrible pain you went through," Brea sighed.

"I'm glad you understand...but please.....please think about staying human, at least for a few more years," Rosalie said.

Brea nodded.

Rosalie pulled Brea into a quick hug...but quickly pulled away and turned to walk back inside, but stopped when they saw Emmett who had his face pressed up against the glass, watching them. Both girls laughed.

"I THINK IT WENT GREAT!!!" Emmett yelled.

Brea and Rosalie walked back inside....both still laughing.

Bella walked up to Brea and hugged her.

"These people really love you," Bella whispered.

"And I love them," Brea whispered back.

"W-When you change...will that change our relationship?" Bella asked.

"Of course not! You are the butter to my toast!" Brea smiled.

"You just ruined the moment," Bella frowned.

Brea looked over at Edward....who was smiling.

"If she is the butter to your toast, then what am I?" Edward thought.

"Oh jealous are we? But you are the peanut butter to my jelly," Brea thought.

Edward shook his head...trying to hold back his laughter.