Chapter seventy-eight

Brea stood and looked at the twins, not sure on how or why they were growing so fast. She watched as they both looked up at the sky....watching the snow fall slowly. River quickly looked down, pulling a small book out of his pocket and started reading on the ground...Meadow however ran around the field, catching snowflakes.

Suddenly Lean and Seth appeared from the tree line, in their wolf form...both walking to their mate.

Meadow raced towards Brea, with a huge grin on her face... with Seth on her tail.

"Mommy! look what I found!" Meadow said, bring a snowflake up to Brea's face.

"It's beautiful, honey! Why don't you go catch another one," Brea smiled.

Meadow runs off and tries to catch another snowflake.

"Edward thinks we'll find answers in Brazil. There are tribes there that might know something," Brea replied, turning to look over at Seth.

All of sudden Meadow and River...race behind Brea, hiding.

"Mommy, who's that?" River asked, pointing off in the distance.

Brea looked up and sees a figure.

"I think that's our cousin from Denali," Brea said.

Brea takes a step forward.

"IRINA!" Brea called out.

And with that Irina was gone.

                                                                ***********

Brea sat on the couch, while the rest of the Cullen's surrounded her.

"Tanya convinced Irina to come reconcile with us," Carlisle said.

Edward grabbed Brea's hand, before standing up and walking over to River...who was sitting at the piano.

"Well, it looks like she changed her mind," Edward replied.

"Seeing Seth and Leah must have been to much for her," Esme sighed.

"I wish I could've just spoken with her," Brea said.

Suddenly River and Edward started playing the piano....the sweet music filled everyone's ears, calming them instantly. They all quickly gathered around and watched as they bonded.

All of a sudden, Alice and Brea stumbled back...pictured filled their minds. Horrible pictures. Pictures of the Volturi, coming to Forks to kill them all.

Jasper and Edward quickly raced to their side.

"What is it?" Edward asked.

Brea and Alice exchanged looks....

"The Volturi, they're coming for us. Aro, Caius, Marcus...the guards and Irina," Alice whispered.

"Why?" Carlisle asked.

"What did Irina see in the field?" Edward questioned.

"We were just walking, Meadow was catching snowflakes and River was reading," Brea said.

"Of course! Irina thinks Meadow and River are immortal children," Edward sighed.

"Immortal children? No! That's impossible! The twins were born...NOT bitten, they grow every single day," Brea frowned.