Chapter thirty-eight

Brea and Edward sat in the meadow...Brea had her nose in a book, while Edward was kissing her neck.

"Marry me," Edward whispered.

"Only if you change me," Brea smirked, pulling the book closer to her face.

"Okay I will if you marry me! It's called a compromise," Edward smiled.

"It's just called coercion," Brea said, peeking from behind the book.

Edward pulled her onto his lap, but Brea pushed him down....now sitting on top of him.

"Marriage is just a piece of paper," Brea sighed,

"Well where I'm from it's the way one says 'I love you," Edward smiled.

"Well people will think I'm knocked up," Brea said.

"So you're worried about what people will think?" Edward asked.

Oh absolutely not! But you know two out of three marriages end in divorce," Brea repiled.

"Well, I think you'll find the...uh-vampire, human divorce rate a little lower. So marry me," Edward smirked, pulling Brea in for a kiss.

"I can't.....I have to be back at four, I'm grounded...Jacob ratted me out," Brea frowned, jumping to her feet.

"What a dick," Brea thought.

Edward laughed and stood to his feet, picking her up and rushing her to her bike.

*************

Brea walked through her door and jumped over the couch sitting next to Charlie, who was staring at the clock.

"You understand why you're being punished right?" Charlie asked.

"I know, I put you and Bella through hell," Brea sighed.

"Yes, you did! But I have other reasons for grounding you. Like, uh-I just want you to get some separation from....him," Charlie said.

"Dad, there's nothing you can say. Edward is in my life," Brea sighed.

"So, all right, how about this? I'll make you a deal. You're not grounded anymore if you use your new found freedom to see some of your other friends too, like....." Charlie paused.

"Oh please don't say Jacob," Brea thought.

"Like Jacob, he's going through a really tough time right now. His dad is really worried about him. I remember when that was you. When you needed a friend, Jake was there," Charlie said.

Brea sighed...wanting to say no, but Charlie had pointed it out...that Jake was there for her when Edward left and it only felt right returning the favor.

"Fine, I'll go see Jacob," Brea repiled.

Later that night, Brea decided to drive over to Jacob's house.

Brea climbed onto her bike and tried turning it on...but it wouldn't start, Brea frowned.

Suddenly Edward stood next to her.

"Shit! You scared me," Brea said, grabbing her chest.

"Are you going to the reservation?" Edward asked.

"How did you? Alice! Hey, did you do this to my bike?" Brea asked.

"Brea, you have to understand, your safety is everything to me," Edward sighed.

"I'm not mad...but Jacob won't hurt me, I'd kick his ass if he did," Brea smiled.

"Not intentionally, and I know you could take him...but wolves have no control," Edward replied.

"Edward, I have until graduation to see him. And then I'll be focused on you and me....and we'll have forever," Brea sighed.

"I'm sorry," Edward frowned.

"Don't be! I think it's sweet...you wanting to protect me," Brea smirked.

Edward smiled and pulled Brea in for a kiss...it was soft and quick.

"Goodnight Edward," Brea thought.

"Goodnight Brea," Edward thought.

Brea closed her eyes and quickly opened them...seeing that Edward wasn't there anymore, she quickly hurried off back inside. And went to bed.