Chapter seventy-nine

Carlisle sighed and rubbed his neck, Brea turned to look at him....waiting for him to speak.

"The immortal children were very beautiful, so enchanting. To be near them was to love them. But their development was frozen at the age they were turned, they couldn't be taught or restrained. A single tantrum could destroy an entire village. Humans heard about the devastation, stories spread, the Volturi were forced to intervene. and since the children couldn't protect our secret. they had to be destroyed. The creators grew very attached, fought to protect them. Long established covens were torn apart, countless humans slaughtered. Traditions, friends and even families, lost," Carlisle said.

As Carlisle talked about the immortal children, pictures flooded Brea's mind.

"So the Denali's mother made an immortal child?" Brea asked.

"Yes. And she had to pay the price," Carlisle sighed.

"River and Meadow are nothing like those children," Brea mumbled, looking over at them.

"So can't you just explain that to them?" Bella asked.

"Aro has enough proof in Irina's thoughts," Edward replied.

"So we fight!" Seth said.

"Their offensive weapons are too powerful. No one could stand against Jane, well until now," Jasper smiled, looking at Brea.

"Alec's much worse, but Jasper is right! We have Brea...so we are basically unstoppable," Alice said.

"We need to convince them," Bella sighed.

"Bella....you can't be apart of this," Brea said.

Bella looked at Brea and frowned......

"They're coming to kill us, not talk," Emmett replied, changing the subject.

"No, you're right...we have Brea but we need others to convince them. Carlisle, we have friends all around world," Edward said, grabbing Brea's hand.

"I won't ask them to fight," Carlisle replied.

"Not fight, witness! If enough people knew the truth, maybe we can convince the Volturi to listen," Edward said.

Suddenly Esme walked up to Carlisle and placed her hand on his shoulder.

"We can ask this of our friends," Esme smiled.

Everyone agreed on a time they would leave and they quickly hurried away to pack.

                              ******

Brea sat on the couch in the living room of her house, while Meadow and River sat at her feet and played. She watched River and noticed how alike they were.... She smiled.

Suddenly Edward walked into the room, grabbing Brea's attention.... He walked towards the couch and sat down next to her, pulling her close.

"Are you sure we're ready for this?" Brea asked.

"Hopefully!" Edward smiled.

All of a sudden it started pouring outside..... not like it usually does.

Edward and Brea looked over the couch and watched the rain.

Within seconds it stopped.

They both exchanged a funny look before turning to look at the twins.

River was standing up with his arms out.... smiling.

"River? Was that you?" Brea asked.

"Yes," River sighed.

"What else can you do?" Edward asked.

River looked down at his feet and started walking towards the front door...

"Follow me," River replied.

Brea and Edward nodded and followed their son.

They all three walked away from the house.... deep into the woods.

River turned towards his parents.

"I'm a little rusty so forgive me," River said.

They nodded.

River closed his eyes and started whispering......

Moments later they heard loud stomping.

Brea smelled the air.... her nose filled with many different creatures.

And suddenly many animals stood before them.....

"Our son can control the weather and animals," Edward smiled.

"He's gifted! With many talents," Brea said.

"Just like you," Edward replied.