Chapter twenty-seven

Brea tired navigating her way to the meadow, she looked from her map to the compass....after backtracking many times, she had finally found the meadow.

"H-Here we are, it use to be something so beautiful....now it's all dead," Brea sighed, remembering how it was once filled with life and many exotic colors.

"This is where you and h-him used to come, right?" Bella asked.

Brea nodded.

There was a sudden rustle coming from across the field, Brea and Bella looked up.... And see Laurent, standing a few yards away.

"Laurent?" Brea asked.

"Brea. Bella." Laurent smirked.

"Laurent!"  Brea smiled, realizing he's real.

"I must admit, I didn't expect to find you both here....alone," Laurent said.

"I-We live here. But you-I thought you were in Alaska with Carlisle's friends?" Brea asked, pulling Bella behind her.

"Tanya, I was! It was kind of him to arrange, given my association with James and Victoria, 'The enemy'," Laurent smirked.

"Y-You tried to help us," Bella spoke up.

"I went to visit the Cullen's, but their house was empty. I'm surprised they left Brea behind. Weren't you sort of a pet of theirs?" Laurent asked.

"Um...something like that," Brea smiled weakly.

"Do the Cullen's visit often?" Laurent asked.

Suddenly Edward's apparition appeared next to Brea...causing her to jump.

"Brea, Lie!" Edward said.

"All the time! Actually!" Brea smiled.

"Lie better!" Edward replied.

"I'll tell them you stopped by!" Brea said.

Edward's apparition soon started to disappear, causing Brea to relax.

"Will they be able to reach you in Alaska?" Brea asked.

"I don't think so! Tanya's 'vegetarian' family was pleasant enough. But the dietary restrictions were difficult...living on nothing but animals, Tell me Brea. Do you ever feel compelled to cheat?" Laurent asked.

Brea took a step back....growing uncomfortable.

"But that's not why I left. I came back here as a favor to Victoria," Laurent smirked.

"Y-You're still friends?" Brea asked.

"More or less. She asked me to get the lay of the land with the Cullen's. Because, well....I'm afraid Victoria is quite put out with you," Laurent said.

"That's too bad," Brea replied.

"Yes! She feels it's only fair to kill Edward's mate, given he killed hers. Eye for an eye, mate for a mate," Laurent smirked.

"Threaten him!" Bella whispered.

"Edward will know who did it! He'll come after both of you!" Brea growled.

"I don't think he will! After all, how much could you mean to him if he left you here unprotected? Victoria sent me here for information. She won't be happy about my killing you...and once I kill you, I'll kill your sister as well," Laurent smirked, waking closer.

Brea grew angry...she felt her body burn at the thought of Laurent wanting to kill her sister, a loud growl escaped her lips...sounding like an animal. A wolf.

"NO! LAURENT!" Brea growled.

"No, no, no. Don't be upset! I'm doing you a kindness. Victoria plans on killing you slowly, painfully...whereas I'll make it very quick! But you smell so...mouth watering," Laurent smiled.

Brea threw her head back and then forward.... She soon found herself on all fours, but much taller then Laurent.

Laurent froze...

"Impossible," Laurent whispered, fear filled his eyes.

Brea turned to look at Bella, who looked like she had seen a ghost.

Suddenly Brea snapped her head towards Laurent and charged at him, she noticed how fast she had gotten....she looked down at her hands and noticed she had paws, very large paws.

"BREA!" Bella yelled.

Brea turned around and saw a pack of large wolves emerge from the woods behind Bella. She turned and looked at Laurent and continued to chase him.

Laurent turned around and faced Brea, smacking her... she flew halfway across the field. Quickly standing and charging after him.

Brea grabbed Laurent by the arm and threw him down...standing over him. A loud, thunderous growl escaped her mouth and she quickly grabbed him by the throat, pulling. There was a loud snap. Brea looked down at his body and noticed that she had just killed a vampire. She stumbled back and started to flee away, but was stopped by a large black wolf.

"Brea? Are you okay?" A voice appeared in her head.

"I-I don't know, w-who are you?" Brea thought.

"I'm Sam Uley and this is my pack," Sam thought.

"Sam?" Brea thought.

"Yes! We've known about you for a while, didn't know when your wolf would emerge....but I'd like for you to join my pack," Sam thought.

A wave of emotions washed off Brea, she quickly found herself running away from them...looking for Bella, who was nowhere insight.

Brea entered the woods and found herself back into her human form.

"BELLA! WHERE ARE YOU!" Brea called out.

"Brea?" Bella said, walking out from behind a tree.

Brea sighed in relief, knowing her sister was okay.

"So... I guess we figured out what's wrong with you," Bella smiled.

"I-I guess so," Brea said, she looked down and noticed she was naked.

She looked up at Bella and pointed at her jacket.

"C-Can I borrow your jacket?" Brea asked, trying to cover herself up.

Bella laughed.... handing her jacket to her sister.