Chapter twenty-two

Brea and Bella pulled alongside Jacob's house.....letting him fix Brea's bike.

"Bella.... I don't know about this," Brea sighed.

"It's fine! He's willing to help you out," Bella smiled.

They both climbed out of the truck, Brea walked towards the back of the truck to untie her bike.

"Brea! Bella!" Jacob called out.

Both girls turned to look, Jacob rushed up to Bella and pulled her in for a hug.

"Bout time you both came by!" Jacob smiled.

"I-I was wondering if you would help me with my bike," Brea said, looking down at her feet.

"You could've just called, I would have come over....inside of you both coming way out here," Jacob replied.

"B-Bella wanted to come over," Brea shrugged.

"B-Because I thought he could help...He's our mechanic friend," Brea smiled.

"Ah Yes! I am the mechanic friends," Jacob laughed.

Jacob jumped into the bed of the truck and started looking at the bike....

"This bike definitely needs some work, the parts alone will be pricey," Jacob sighed.

"I have a college fund I can dig into," Brea said.

"Charlie's gonna love that," Jacob laughed.

"Charlie won't know," Brea replied.

"Wow! Lying to Dad. Blowing through college money. Fixing up a dangerous machine, that you love driving," Jacob smirked.

"I understand if you think this is stupid...but you are my only hope into fixing the bike," Brea sighed.

"Oh it's totally stupid! When do we start?" Jacob asked.

Brea looked up at Jacob and smiled....which hasn't been seen in awhile, she turned and looked at Bella....who was smiling as well. Happy that her sister was finally back. Well almost.

Jacob and Brea jumped down from the truck, Jacob turned towards the truck and lifted down the bike....as if it was light as a feather.

Bella and Jacob walk towards the garage... Brea went to follow but stopped, feeling eyes on her. She searched her surroundings, seeing nothing...sadness filled her. Brea quickly turned on her heels and rushed into the garage.

*******************

Days had gone by since Jacob offered to help Brea with her bike...They both sat on the ground, placing the old parts to the side.

"Since we're going to be working on this for awhile, shouldn't we include some homework? I don't want Billy to think I'm a bad influence on you," Brea spoke up.

"You influence me? Oh please," Jacob laughed.

"I am older than you," Brea smiled.

"Age is just a number," Jacob said, turning to look at Brea.

"But I convinced you to help fix my death machine," Brea replied.

"You're right! You're like Satan!" Jacob smirked.

"Yo, Jake, you in there?!" A voice called out, causing Brea to jump.

"Brea, it's okay! It just my boys," Jacob said.

Two boys walked in....both had short hair unlike Jacob.

"Hey, Jake," One of the boys said.

Both boys turn and look at Brea.... A smile forming on their lips.

"Hey! This is Brea! Brea, that's Quil and Embry," Jacob replied.

"So the bike story is true," Quil said.

"I guess so," Brea smiled weakly.

"What about the part where you're his girlfriend?" Quil asked.

"WHAT? Oh no, we are just friends and always will be," Brea replied.

"Ouch! Burn!" Embry laughed.

"I said she's a girl and a friend," Jacob sighed.

"I like Bella.... I think," Jacob thought.

Brea looked at Jacob and scrunched up her face.

"Embry, you remember him making that distinction?" Quil asked.

"Absolutely not!" Embry smirked.

"But do you guys have any girlfriends?" Brea asked, quickly saving Jacob.... forgetting what he had thought.

"Right. Quil here took his cousin to prom," Jacob laughed.

"Funny! Very funny, Black! You want to be funny? I'll give you funny," Quil smirked, rushing towards Jacob.

Suddenly Brea found herself between Jacob and Quil....she felt her skin burn. Quil looked at her and smirked.

"How are we going to tell her, she's just like us?" Quil thought.

"Quil! Don't reveal our secret!" Embry thought.

"I should get going...I-I'll see you later Jacob," Brea said and quickly rushed out of the garage.

Brea took off running... she raced down the road, but stopped...pulling out her phone.

"Bella! Can you come pick me up? I don't feel good," Brea said, speaking into the phone.

"Brea? Are you okay? What happened?" Bella asked.

"Nothing happened, please come get me...I'm about a mile from Jacob's house," Brea replied.

"Oh okay! Yeah I'll be there shortly," Bella said, quickly hanging up.

Moments later... Brea heard the familiar roaring sound of her sister's truck. She smiled.

Bella's truck rounded the corner and stopped... Brea rushed towards the truck and climbed in.

"Brea, please talk to me!" Bella spoke up, after driving from where she picked up her sister.

Brea sighed.

"You'll think I'm crazy," Brea mumbled.

"Brea! We are living in a world full of vampires! How crazy could you be?" Bella asked.

"When I-I met you know who...I started hearing voices, well... more like I could read minds, just like him but even as a kid I would hear voices... along with having visions and the whole eye changing color thing. Today while working with Jacob, his friends had came over. All of a sudden I was between them and Jacob, my skin felt like it was burning and one of his friends said that I was like them, what could that mean?" Brea questioned, looking out the window.

Bella grew quiet....not knowing how to answer Brea.

Tears filled Brea's eyes.... Suddenly she started crying.

"W-What the hell am I?" Brea asked.