Chapter six

Brea was sitting quietly on a gurney.... Bella stood beside her, worried filled her eyes.

"Brea? Are you alright!?" Charlie called out.

"YOU CALLED DAD!" Brea groaned.

Bella shrugged.

"DAD! I'm fine. Calm down," Brea sighed.

"I'm so sorry Brea! I-I tried to stop," Tyler replied.

"It's okay, Tyler.... it was my fault really, I pushed Bella out of the way.... when I to could've just moved out of the way," Brea smiled.

"It sure as hell is not okay!" Charlie snapped.

"D-Dad, it wasn't his fault.... It was an accident," Brea said.

"W-we could've lost you," Bella sighed.

"But you didn't! You aren't gonna lose me, I promise you," Brea smiled.

Bella pulled Brea into a tight hug...while Charlie glared at Tyler.

"You can kiss your license goodbye," Charlie said.

"I heard the chief's daughter was here!" A voice said.

They all looked over at the man that was approaching them.... he looked like he was straight up out of a movie. His face was kind, but pale and tired.

"And by the pale skin and the beautiful eyes, I'm guessing you are Dr. Cullen?" Brea asked.

Dr. Cullen smiled.

A nurse handed him the chart... which he reviewed rather quickly, then placed his hand on the back of her head.

"Dr. Cullen, I'm fine.... Can I go home, now?" Brea asked.

"You have a nice knot growing back there, but your x-ray shows no indication of concussion," Dr. Cullen smiled.

"I'm so sorry, Brea! I'm really..." Tyler went on saying but was cut off by Charlie abruptly pulling the curtain between them.

"It would have been a lot worse if I didn't push Bella out of the way, a-and Edward knocked me out of the way," Brea said.

"Edward? Your boy?" Charlie questioned.

Dr. Cullen quickly looked back at the chart... Brea and Bella's  intuition flickered, sensing he knew something.

"It was amazing! He got to Brea so fast. He was nowhere near us," Bella replied.

"I-Is he okay?" Brea asked, concern filled her eyes... as she looked up at Dr. Cullen.

Dr. Cullen nodded.

"I'm glad you both are safe! Now go home and get some rest," Dr. Cullen said.

Brea, Bella and Charlie walk out of the treatment area...all three looking completely exhausted.

"I just have to sign some paperwork! You both better call your mother," Charlie sighed.

"WHAT! You told her?! She's probably freaking!" Brea yelled, quickly getting a migraine.

Charlie shrugged and hurried off.

"Can you call her? I need some air," Brea sighed...her color quickly started to drain.

Brea hurried around the corner but stopped when she noticed a very upset Rosalie, who was yelling at Edward....who looked like he was standing his ground, about something.

Brea turned on her heels and started walking away, grabbing her head.

"Brea!" Edward called out, slowly walking up to her.

Brea stopped, waiting for him to catch up.

"Are you okay?" Edward asked.

Brea nodded.

"Aren't you curious on how I got to you so fast?" Edward questioned, studying her body language.

"No. I know you are going to say that you were standing right next to me, and I'm gonna disagree... and then it's going to go back and forth," Brea sighed.

"You're just confused! You hit your head," Edward said, panic filled his voice.

"Look, Edward... I know what I saw, but at this point it doesn't matter," Brea replied.

"And what, exactly, was that?" Edward asked.

Brea held her head...trying to fight back the pain that was quickly coming.

"You stopped the van. Pushed it away! And no I won't tell anyone... it's not like anyone would believe me....but at this point I don't care, I just want the truth and also a dark room to sleep in," Brea sighed.

Brea noticed how close they both were....practically touching.

"Can't you just thank me and get over it?" Edward growled.

"I said Thank you! Right after it happened," Brea snapped.

Edward took a step back.... Surprised at how she was acting.

"Why did you even bother?" Brea asked, looking away from him.

"I-I don't know," Edward sighed, knowing she had won the argument.

She turned on her heels and rushed out of the hospital.

After Brea, Bella and Charlie got home... Brea rushed up to her room and went to sleep, feeling completely drained.

She woke up a couple of hours later... and came face to face to her sister, who was laying in bed beside her. Sound asleep.

Brea crawled out of bed, and noticed it was dark. She yawned... and headed downstairs.

She walked into the kitchen and looked around for something to eat.

"Rats! All we have is bacon, ham and turkey," Brea groaned.

"Dad went to help track down that animal, he'll be home soon," Bella said from behind her.

Brea jumped.

"GOD BELLA! You scared me," Brea laughed.

"Someone is feeling better," Bella smiled.

"Power naps always work!" Brea said.

"Here!" Bella replied, tossing Brea an apple.

Brea smiled and took a bite.

Brea yawned again.....

"Well I'm going back to bed," Brea sighed.

Bella nodded, quickly pulling her sister into a tight hug.

Brea walked upstairs and into her room... feeling like someone was watching her.

She took another bite out of the apple and quickly tossed it into the trash across the room.

"Score!" Brea laughed, climbing into bed... wrapping herself up.

Brea quickly drifted off back to sleep.... Dreaming of none other than Edward.

She quickly woke up in the middle of the night and looked around her room, feeling a presence lurking....she noticed a shadow in the corner, she sat up and turned to turn the light on...only to see that no one was there.