Chapter twenty-five

Brea and Bella pulled up to their house, and noticed Jacob was waiting for them.

"I fixed your bike! Wanna take a test drive?" Jacob asked.

"I-I actually have a lot of homework, but Bella would love to test drive my bike, right Bella?" Brea questioned, turning to look at her sister.

"I-uh sure!" Bella smiled.

Brea rushed inside...giving her sister and Jacob some alone time.

A few hours later, Brea was laying on her bed...Thinking about jumping off the cliff, she sighed... quickly making those thoughts disappear. She climbed out of bed and walked downstairs, Charlie was in the kitchen talking on the phone.

"She's doing okay, she doesn't go out...she hardly sleeps and when she does, she wakes up screaming," Charlie sighed.

Brea walked in the kitchen.... Standing behind him.

"Hey, Ch-Dad....I-I was wondering if you wanted to watch a movie, or do something," Brea smiled.

"Yes, that's her...Do you wanna talk to her?" Charlie asked, looking at Brea.

Suddenly Charlie hung up the phone, mumbling under his breath.

"W-who was that?" Brea asked.
"I-It was Billy," Charlie lied.

Brea frowned, knowing he was lying....

"So what movie would you like to watch?" Charlie asked.

"How about you pick! I'm sure you'll hate what I had in mind," Brea laughed.

Charlie smiled, seeing Brea laugh made him happy...she was slowly turning back to normal.

"I won't hate it, you pick!" Charlie said.

"Alright! If you say so," Brea smiled.

Brea ran into the living room and picked a movie.

"Hope you like Van Helsing!" Brea called out.

Brea quickly put the movie in and waited for Charlie to come join her, she heard his loud footsteps get closer to the living... he entered the room and sat down next to Brea. Both enjoying father and daughter time.

The movie was coming to an end... when the phone started to ring.

Brea stood up and rushed towards the phone, quickly picking it up.

"Hello?" Brea asked.

No answer... just heavy breathing.

"Hello?" Brea asked again.

"Brea, If they aren't answering....hang up! Your movie is almost over, can't believe the love of his life died at the hand of Dracula," Charlie called out.

Brea still held the phone up to her ear...

"Dad, It was either Dracula or Van helsing....who is a werewolf," Brea laughed.

Brea hung the phone up and walked back into the living room, finishing the movie.

The front door opened and revealed Bella, Brea jumped up and went to greet her. Brea froze when she saw that Bella had dry blood in her hair.

"W-what happened?" Brea asked.

"I-I fell off your bike," Bella sighed.

"Are you okay?" Brea asked.

Bella nodded...

"Jacob is waiting for you outside," Bella frowned, quickly running upstairs.

Brea walked outside, and saw Jacob unloading her bike.

"Bella said you needed to talk to me," Brea spoke up.

"I-uh yeah," Jacob said.

Suddenly it got cold, Brea looked at Jacob closer.

"Jake! You're hot, are you okay?" Brea asked.

"I'm fine," Jacob smiled.

Brea walked closer to him, placing her hand on his forehead.

"You are burning up! You must be running a fever," Brea sighed.

"Brea....I like you," Jacob blurted.

"What? No!" Brea said.

"What do you mean, no?" Jacob asked.

"You can't like me! You have to like Bella," Brea frowned.

"Because of Cullen?" Jacob asked.

Brea looked away at the mention of Edward.

"Look, I know what he did to you. I can see it in your face everytime his name comes up! But you need to know....I would never, ever do that to you. I promise I will never hurt you. You can count on me," Jacob smiled.

"I already do! You're my best friend.....you alway will be my best friends," Brea sighed.

Jacob stumbled backwards.

"I'm sorry, If i was giving off mixed signals," Brea said.

"No. That's not....I just feel very weird," Jacob sighed.

"I told you, you have a fever! Probably that flu everyone has," Brea replied.

"It doesn't....feel like the flu. I don't know what it is," Jacob said.

Jacob pulled Brea in for a hug...

"My god Brea! You are burning up too!" Jacob sighed.

"I feel fine," Brea frowned, pulling away and heading back inside.