Chapter eighty-three

Christmas Day:

Brea looked out the window from the kitchen of her father's house

Brea looked out the window from the kitchen of her father's house.... watching the snow fall.

"Brea! Come join the rest of us," Charlie called out.

She turned on her heels and walked into the living...seeing Bella, Jacob sitting on the fireplace while Leah and Seth played with the twins, and Edward stood next to Charlie... laughing.

All of a sudden she turned her head towards the door and saw Sue walk in.

"Hi Sue!" She smiled.

"Brea! So wonderful for you to bring the kids," Sue replied.

"They love spending time with you and my dad," Brea said.

Brea and Sue walked over towards the couch and sat down.

"Alright! Time to open presents," Charlie cheered.

Edward sat next to Brea... she rested her head on his shoulder.

The snow is sticking, She thought.

I know, but let's spend time with them before tomorrow, Edward thought.

The twins opened up their presents.... throwing paper everywhere. While everyone watched the twins play with their new toys, Brea stood up and walked over to her dad.

"Dad! We got you a little something," Brea smiled.

"A present?" Charlie asked.

Brea handed him a small box... She watched him open it carefully.

Charlie's face lit up with excitement.

"Beaver lake! I get to go fishing in Beaver lake?!" Charlie smiled.

"You've always talked about going to Canada.... and Sue called  the station so you could take a couple of days off! By the way you both leave tonight," Brea said.

"You trying to get rid of me?" Charlie asked.

Brea grew quiet.

"It's definitely working! Thank you kiddo," Charlie said jumping to his feet and pulled Brea in for a hug.

A few hours of talking with Charlie, Sue, Bella, Jacob, Seth and Leah.... Edward and Brea took the kids and left, knowing they'd see Seth and Leah soon.

As they drove down the snowy road... Brea grabbed Edward's hand and brought it to her lips.

Suddenly she felt a small tap on her shoulder, she turned around and saw River.... sadness filled his eyes.

"Mommy? Will this be the last time we are together as a family?" He asked.

"No! But if anything were to happen to me or Daddy... just know we will love you both forever and ever," Brea sighed.

"Tomorrow are we supposed to stay with Leah and Seth?" River asked.

"Yes! They will protect you both," Edward spoke up.