H.O.H: The Missing Pieces:39:

July 24th

3:53 PM

"Great job Justin. See you tomorrow." Scooter said, giving my shoulder a squeeze as I left the dance studio.

"Yeah, thanks. See you."

And then I got in my car, pulling out of the studio and down the road to my house.

I was in a bad mood, not that anyone knew. I tried not to let anyone know.

I just missed Lauren, and I was leaving in a few months.

It sucked. She's filming miles away and I'm here.

So I get to go home to an empty house, which I would anyway, but at least if she was in LA she could come over.

I'd probably just sleep.

That's what she's doing, or should be doing.

It's just one of my lonely days I guess. I hate feeling like this without anyone to talk to.

Without being able to talk to her...

I stopped at a stop light, realizing I hadn't checked my phone in a while and saw a text from Lauren.

Laur: I love you. Just wanted to tell you before you I fell asleep.

I texted back quickly, ducking my head down in my car.

Love you too. Get some sleep.

I hadn't seen her in a week. I was rehearsing, she was on the other side of the country, and she would be for a little while longer.

Then in September I was gone...

I mean we'd still see each other every now and then, but still.

My phone buzzed in my pocket, but I couldn't answer it. It was just a text, and I had a feeling it was Lauren.

I sighed, reaching up for my hat and tugged it tighter to cover my eyes.

I missed my mom, I missed my family, friends...her...

So I drove home a little faster, pressing the button to my gate more than once in hopes in would open faster, then got my phone out of my pocket.

Laur: Can't sleep. Time difference is killing me. I'm trying.

I chuckled, calling her instead of texting back and parked my car.

"Hi." I heard the smile in her voice after she answered and I laughed, unlocking the door to the house.

"Hey, you can't sleep?"

"No, I've been tossing and turning for a while."

"At least we can talk for a few minutes. How was filming today?"

"I don't know. I think it went ok, I felt good about it at first, then I was just in a bad mood."

"Why? What happened?" I asked, slowly sitting down my keys on the counter.

"I was psyching myself out. Then I just thought of you and how much I missed you. Stuff like that."

"I really miss you too," I said softly, slumping down on the couch. "It's killing me."

"Really? Bad day too?"

"Yeah, you could say that. I wasn't as focused as I like to be."

"You know you'll be great though." She murmured, making my heart flutter.

"I hope I will. I think I'm going to get Scooter to clear a few days for me to see you. It's almost been two weeks now."

"I know," I heard the frown in her voice, causing my slight smile to fade. "We'll be ok."