H.O.H: The Missing Pieces:17:

This chapter is also different from the original book, but I really wanted to do it, so I hope you like it!

___________________________________________________________________________________

August 14th, 2011

I watched Lauren on stage, smiling from my place on the side as she performed.

She smiled over at me and I winked, not caring if anybody could see me, they were here for her anyway.

She started part of her dance number and I looked over at Ms. Renee who was smiling over at her, then frowned and raised an eyebrow.

I looked back at Lauren, she looked over at Lexi and then Cierra and the casually put there arms around her...

Well that was different.

I looked back at Ms. Renee, shifted my weight to one side as I leaned over.

"Something is wrong." I said loud enough for her to hear me.

"Look." She said and pointed down at her foot. "I wonder how many other people know."

She's hurt.

I can tell.

I took a step forward, but Ms. Renee caught my shoulder.

"You can't. As much as I know you want to, they might not be able to notice. Go when the lights go out."

I nodded, swallowing as I watched careully, ready to lung out for her as soon as it went black.

This was her last song too...

I glanced at her face, a smile plastered on it as she sang.

Angie walked over, smiling and then looked at Lauren.

"What's wrong?" She asked.

"Something with her foot. She's barely putting any weight on it." I told her.

"Oh no." Angie mouthed.

Then the song ended, she said a few final words, which I wasn't focused on, and the lights went out. I could no longer see anything.

"Be careful." Someone whispered, and I almost lunged out there for her, but the lights from the audience could still possibly light up the stage.

Oh well.

I blinked a couple of times, able to make out Lauren's figure and I ran over quickly.

"I got her." I said, putting my arm around her waist for support. "Can you walk?"

"I really don't know." She answered, trying to walk forward with and let out a yelp. "Ow."

"Let me carry you."

I scooped her up as she nodded, burying her face intp my neck as she cried.

"What did you do?" Ms. Renee asked as we walked back to the side of the stage.

"I don't know, maybe I landed on it wrong. I must have." I looked at her, tears streaming down her face.

"On what? You're foot?"

"Yeah, I think I broke my ankle."

"And you stood on it?"

"I couldn't just stop the song. It feels like it's freaking on fire. I just put my weight on the other foot."

"Well, we have to look at it." Angie said.

"Don't touch it!" Lauren squealing, clutching onto me and bent her leg back from their reach.