H.O.H: The Missing Pieces:18:

September 19th 2011

"Who?" I asked Scooter through the phone, pacing back and forth between my hotel room.

"Mariah Yeater."

"That's not true at all! What the hell?!"

"I know. I have it under control. Don't worry about it right now. She can't win if there isn't proof."

"There is no proof! That kid isn't mine! I haven't even-"

"I know. I'm going to take care of it. I've already called the attorney."

"I'm not really going to have to go to court, am I?"

"No, you're not going anywhere near this chic, especially since I'm going to have something to do with it. I promise Justin."

"So she said we had sex in a bathroom, and I'm the father of her baby? Bullshit. What does this chic even look like?"

"I don't know, I was just notified about this today. She filed the paternity suit a few days ago."

"Well this is great. Just great."

"You're going to have to take a test."

"I'm what?!" I said, my pacing coming to a hault. "Have you talked to my mom yet?"

"Yeah, I have."

"I'm going to be in Europe man, when am I supposed to do that?" I asked, my eyebrows knitting together as I looked out the window.

"We're going to have to cut Europe short and go straight to New Jersey. The test is the only way to prove the baby isn't yours. I'm really sorry about all of this. To have it happen to you of all people is ridiculous."

"I'm not even 18 yet and I have people suing me." I scoffed, rolling my eyes and turned from the window.

"Exactly! That's what I mean! She has to be crazy."

"She's crazy alright. So what do I do?"

"Don't answer any questions yet about it. Let me talk to the lawyers, then I'll give you the O.K."

"Alright. So is that is?"

"Yeah."

"Do you think Lauren knowns yet?" I asked, sitting on the edge of my bed and rested my forehead in my hand.

"Honestly. Probably. I was surprised you didn't."

"I need to go talk to her than."

"Ok, good luck. I'll call later if anything else happens then, alright?"

"Alright, bye Scooter."

"Bye Justin."

I hung up, grabbing my jacket and dialed Kenny's number.

"Hey Kenny?" I asked as he picked up the phone. "Can you drive me to Lauren's?"

___________________________________________________________________________________

3:06 PM

I knocked on the door, pacing a little and shoved my hands down in my pockets.

It opened a few seconds later and Lauren stood in front of me, a blank expression on her face as she looked at me.

"I know I didn't call. I'm sorry, it's just sorta important." I said frantically. "Can we talk? Please?"