H.O.H: The Missing Pieces:37:

Sunday afternoon:

11:43 PM

"Don't let me fall." Lauren said from behind me.

"I won't. I promise." I chuckled, gently squeezing her hand. "We're almost there."

"Where are we going?"

"Remember, I said I could take you to the beach, so I found somewhere else."

"Right."

"There is a rock right here. Watch your step."

"Ok." She nodded, stumbling a little and I caught her, walking a few more steps and stopped.

"Don't peak yet." I told her sitting the basket down.

"I won't, I won't." She laughed and I stepped in front of her, brushing her hair back behind her shoulder and rested my hand on the base of her neck.

"What are you doing?" She blushed.

"Oh what do you think I'm doing?" I laughed, pulling her forward by her hip and tilted my head down, smiling into the kiss as her hands rested on my sides. "You're right, I have gotten taller."

"So if you grow a few more inches, I'll be able to wear heels."

"Then you'll just make me feel shorter." I chuckled, stepping behind her and leaned into her ear. "Ready?"

"Mhm." She nodded, biting the corner of her lip as I ran my hand on her arm.

"Ok." I laughed at her, taking off the blindfold and put both of my hands back on her arms as she leaned back into me. "What do you think?"

She just stared out with wide eyes, then a smile curled on her lips.

"This is so neat." She murmured. "How did you-"

"Scooter told me about it. You really like it?"

"Yes." She nodded, turning her head and masked her lips in mine again. "I love you."

"I love you too." I smiled into her cheek, pecking it softly as she smiled back. "I'm going to run back and get my guitar ok? Stay."

"Ok."

I grinned to myself, jogging back to the car where I left the trunk open and grabbed my guitar, then shut the trunk and walked back to where she stood and sat it down.

"And, no one will find us up here." I said in her ear, putting my arms around her from behind.

"We can't say that very often, can we?"

"No." I chuckled, kissing her cheek again before I let go and pulled her down next to me. "So I got strawberries for us, and some other pretty tasty stuff, like peanut butter and jelly."

"Oh did you?" She laughed, leaning against me as I opened up the basket.

"Mhm, I did - and Pringles."

"Yummy." She kissed my cheek, holding onto my arm as I handed her her sandwich. "Thank you."

"You're welcome."

"So..." She started, looking at me from my shoulder. "Are you excited to leave in a few weeks?"

"Oh, yeah. I guess so."

"You guess?"

"Well I mean like I'm happy to be out and performing again, but you have stuff going on here too. I won't see you."

"You will for our anniversary."

"Yeah, for a couple of days." I shrugged.

"It's better than nothing, and you're only gone a few weeks."