H.O.H: The Missing Pieces:33:

April 29th, 2012:

"Lauren, get up." I said, bending down and shook her. "Your mom gave me a cup of ice water, and I will pour it on you if you don't get up. Birthday girl or not."

"No you won't." She groaned, turning over on her side with her back to me. "Did my mom let you in?"

"Yes m'am she did. She's tried to get you up three times now. It was my turn."

"What time is it?"

"Ten o'clock. Get up."

"What are you doing up and out of bed at ten?"

"I came to go get breakfast with my girlfriend for her birthday. Let's go. You only have so many hours left the way you're sleeping."

"Crap, that's right." She said, shooting up and made me jump back. "Sorry."

"It's ok. Get your pretty little butt up and get dressed, ok?"

"Ok."

"Happy Birthday. My sexy 18 year old girlfriend."

"Stop it." She laughed, standing up and playfully smacked my arm. "Before my mother hears you."

"Just speaking the truth Ruth."

Her eyes fluttered down to my hand and her eyes widened, snatching the glass of ice water out of my hand.

"You were serious!?"

"Hey, it was your Mom's idea, not mine."

"I can't believe you were going to dump this on me!" She laughed slightly, trying to fake a mad expression as she crossed her arms.

"Oh come on, you would have won the wet t-shirt contest."

"Knock it off." She laughed, pushing my arm like it would actually do something and smiled. "I have to get ready. I'll be down soon ok, I promise."

"Did you want to keept that water and use it for-"

"Justin!"

"I just thought I'd ask." I pouted, sticking out my bottom lip with a playful frown. "Tough crowd."

"Go." She laughed, rolling her eyes and smiled at me.

"Wait, I want a kiss first. Please."

"I haven't brushed my teeth."

"You honestly think I care?" I chuckled, holding onto her waist with my free hand. "Please? It doesn't have to count for your first of 18."

"Fine."

She stood out on her tiptoes, leaning forward and kissed me shortly.

"Happy?"

"Very."

"Good, I'll be down in ten minutes. I promise."

"Take your time. It's your birthday."

"Hey," She said, poking her head out of her room as I walked out. "I love you."

"I love you too. Happy Birthday."

"Thank you."

I walked down the stairs, whistling softly as I went back to the living room.

________________________________________

"Before you go with Justin, you have to get your presents from us. Seriously." Ms. Renee laughed.

"Ok." Lauren smiled, and Ms. Renee handed her an envelope, then a bag was sat in fron of her.