H.O.H: The Missing Pieces:11:

"I don't know man," I sighed, staring up at the ceiling from my spot on Ryan's bed. "She is very quiet about her past. It gets frustrating sometimes, I'm trying to figure out how to get around that."

"Maybe it just takes time."

"That's what Scooter said. After all the stuff with Taylor though, do ou think that made it worse?"

"Oh yeah." He nodded as I turned my head and looked at him. "I definitely do. I'm surprised that after what you have told me she is dating you right now - just being honest."

"I know," I sighed again. "But we had something before there was even a her and a Taylor."

"I know, you should have told her. There wouldn't have been a 'her and a Taylor."

"I thought she knew, I had sort of implied it." I said, narrowing my eyes at him.

"Justin, think about it. Her father abused her, Taylor wanted things from her that should not come first in a relationship, she doesn't think like that. If anything she feels unwanted, and I'm sure that's the case. Even with you."

"You really think?"

"Yeah, I'm sure she is questioning a lot, even with what you tell her. She hears I love you, but come on man, she's heard it before. She doesn't know what it really face it, except from her Mom and stuff, but she has a lot of questions I'm sure."

"Why can't I think of this?" I said, sitting up.

"You have, just in different ways. You just have to make her feel wanted, that's all she wants."

"I think I do though." I said, raising an eyebrow as I thought quietly to myself.

"I'm sure, but you can't just stop. I think guys just assume that once they have the girl, that's that. You don't have to try anymore, but you always have to try. They don't get that." Ryan shrugged, shooting a ball into the basket that hung on his door.

"I want to make her feel like that though. Sometimes I get this feeling that Taylor is still set in her brain, that she still has those feelings for him."

"You could be right. She thought it was a serious relationship where she was loved and she wasn't. She could think the same thing is going to happen with you."

"But it's not, we have had this conversation. That's when I found out about her Dad."

"Once again dude, you said it, but she has reasons not to believe it."

"I know, but we had this one night where she just cried and told me everything. Now that I think about that's what she said. She told me she didn't feel wanted. I don't blame her, I don't think I would either."

"Man," Ryan said, taking a few steps so he was in front of me. "You are asking me about your relationship and you are the romantic one. Come on, you don't need me for this."

"I am pretty good aren't I?" I asked with a laugh.

"Yes, and she is probably chilling at her hotel room waiting for a phone call from her boyfriend, so why don't you go, take her out and show her that whole wanted thing?"

"But I'm with you. I'd feel bad."

"Justin, I'd care if you didn't love her, but you do, and as your bestfriend, I am telling you to go and spend some time with your girlfriend."

"Thanks." I laughed and stood up, giving him a hug. "See you tomorrow?"

"Yup, after you get your lazy ass out of bed." He laughed, shooting another basket.