H.O.H: The Missing Pieces:16:

"I miss you." I said into the phone, staring up at the ceiling.

"I miss you too." Lauren said. "I'm wearing your shirt."

"Really?" I smiled to myself, trying to imagine that in my head.

"Mhm." She giggled. "It smells really good."

"I bet you look really good too."

"I do." She laughed again and I laughed with her.

"Will you send me a picture?"

"Mhm. I will."

"Good," I paused. "How are you liking Austrailia?"

"It's gorgeous. I got to pet a kangaroo."

"It didn't kick you?"

"No. It liked me very much."

"Swans like me."

"So I've heard." She giggled.

"How have you been sleeping?"

"Um," She paused, almost hesitant I guess. "Ok."

"More nightmares?"

"Two, but it's not a big deal. I'm used to it."

"I'm sorry baby."

"It's ok. I'm ok."

"You know you can always call me."

"I know, but the time difference-"

"While I'm awake, you are asleep. Therefore if you wake up with a nightmare call me. Anytime of day. I mean that."

"Ok, thank you."

"You're welcome."

"I have to go. I have rehearsal, and you should go to sleep. I'll try and talk to you later ok?"

"Ok," I nodded. "I love you."

"I love you too. Goodnight Justin."

"Goodnight Laur." I smiled, then hung up the phone, snuggling into my covers.

I actually got to sleep tonight, no studio.

My day off had been quite lonely though. I had mostly slept, which I'm not complaining about.

But I hated not seeing her, just knowing she's there and I'm here.

It sucked, and right now things in our lives were just going completey nuts.

I was starting to wonder if we had picked a bad time to go public, especially with her leaving the next day.

Now the hate is coming from every direction, and I'm not there to hold her, because I know she's upset. After our conversation last night I just knew, she didn't have to even say the words, it was  just the way she braught it up.

I sighed, turning oon my side and hugged my face to my pillow.

If you fall asleep now, it's one day closer to seeing her again.

One day closer.

__________________________________________________________________________________

Almost two weeks later:

 5:13 PM

"Please? Can't I go in with you to get her?" I asked Kenny.

"No. It's too dangerous. Especially now. Do you see how many reporters are out there?"

"Yes, but I could make it inside. It makes me look bad if you're the one going in to get her. I'm the boyfriend."

"Oh don't worry about what other people think. Look, if you go, then I'm worried about your safety too, but if you stay here in the car with Moshe, and I go to get her, while she is with Marc, she has more protection then she would with you. Isn't that what you would want?"