H.O.H: The Missing Pieces:15:

I felt a huge pit in my stomach as I looked in the mirror, fixing my white jacket with the pink little thing that was in my pocket to match Lauren's dress.

Maybe this wasn't going to be as easy as I thought.

"You ok?"

I turned, looking at my mom on the opposite side of the room.

"Me? Yeah. I'm fine. Just dandy."

"You're both going to be fine."

"I know, it's just a little scary, but I'll be alright."

She nodded, walking over to me and placed a hand on my shoulder.

"I am so proud of you. You know that right?"

"Of course I do Mom. Thanks." I turned, giving her a hug and then kissed her cheek. "I better go. I'll see you later?"

"Mhm. Tonight."

"Ok. I love you."

"I love you too Justin."

I went outside with Kenny behind me, crawling in the back seat as I played with my thumbs nervously.

"You ok?" Kenny asked.

"Yeah, I'm fine." I responded with a slight jump.

"Mhm. Yeah, you're fine." He said sarcasticaly, giving a slight eyeroll as he chuckled.

"I am." I insisted, looking down quickly at my shoes. "I match right?"

"Yes, you match."

"You didn't even look up!" I whined, leaning forward to look at him.

"Justin, I don't need to look up. I know you match. Your mother wouldn't have let you walk out of there."

"True." I mumbled, then felt around for the necklace in my pocket.

"Dude, you're paranoid. Relax."

I let a breath when I found it, nodding my head.

"Ok."

* * * * * * * * * * * * *

I shoved my phone back in my pocket, walking out of the car and opened the door to the building.

I don't know how I'm staying sane right now. I really don't.

Maybe it was the thought of seeing her.

But that was also the reason my palms were sweaty and my heart was racing at 1,000 beats per minute.

I kept my eyes down on the ground, thinking about what to say, or even what to do...

Then I looked up, seeing Lauren standing a few feet away in front of me.

I felt myself let out a deep breath, one I hadn't realized I had been holding and my eye trailed down, stopping at her legs for a moment before I forced the back up.

I saw her blushing as she walked over to me the rest of the way, her arms slipping around my neck as I smiled at her, pulling her closer by her waist.

"You look amazing." I murmured, a smile curling on my face.

"Thanks. You don't look half bad yourself."

She smiled again, looking down at her shoes and then back at me.