H.O.H: The Missing Pieces:08:

Onatrio Airport

9:52 PM

"Is that it?" I asked, pointing to an airplane out the window, "Or how about that one?"

"Dude, calm down. Did you drink a thing of Red Bull or something?" Kenny asked.

"What? Pshh." I rolled my eyes, looking out the window again. "What are you talking about?"

"You are bouncing off the walls."

"It's 10 o'clock, I've had a long day, and I would like to be awake to welcome Lauren to Canada." I explained, studying one plane that had landed.

"Your girlfriend." He teased

"Shut up." I looked over at him, smiling and playfully punched his arm.

"What did we say about the punches?"

"Right, sor-"

He punched my arm and my hand shot up to it, rubbing it quickly with my mouth left hanging open.

"Gotcha!" Kenny laughed.

"Ow man!" I whined.

"Hey dude, I think that's her plane."

"Ok, now you're messing with me about my girlfriend. Not funny."

"Justin, I'm being dead serious."

I turned my head, looking over towards the tunnel.

I walked over, adjusting my hood and saw Lauren walk out, dropping her bag and pillow to the ground before she looked up.

Then her eyes met mine and I smiled at her.

She ran into my arms and I lifted her off the ground slightly, kissing the side of her head.

"Hi baby." I whispered, feeling her arms wrap around my neck.

"Hi." She laughed.

"I missed you so much." I pulled back as I set her down and tucked a loose stand of hair behind her ear.

"I missed you too, you weren't waiting long were you?"

I smiled, tugging her closer and shook my head.

"No, just a few minutes."

"You're here by yourself?"

"You could say that I made a few arrangements."

"And I thought they were for me."

"Where are you staying?" I smiled at her, happy to see her face in front of mine again.

"One of the nicer hotels, a good 20 minutes from here. I don't know the name of it, and I wouldn't be surprised if I end up switching, but it's not far from Stratford."

"I can stay if you want for a little while. I'd drive myself home. I don't need to be back till one."

"Yeah, stay. I need to talk to you about something."

"Is it about the interviews?"

"Justin, I didn't know what to sa-"

I stopped her, brushing her bottom lip with my thumb.

"Shh, I know. We can talk about it when we're alone. It's ok."

She nodded and I smiled, taking her hand and motioning for her to walk with me.

"How was the flight?"

"Honestly I don't know, I slept."

I laughed, glancing at her quickly and then smiled ahead.