H.O.H: The Missing Pieces:31:

Hope you like this one! :)

____________________________________

March 21st

2012

"Hi." I smiled over at Lauren, watching as she walked up the steps and smiled at me.

"Hi." She gave me a weak smile back, setting her bag down as I stood up.

"You ok?"

"Yeah, I'm ok." She nodded, standing up straight and tucked a stray piece of hair behind her ear. "Why?"

"You don't look happy."

"I'm alright, honest."

"Sure?"

"Yes Justin."

I cringed a little, looking away and down at the ground.

"So, what do you want for dinner?" I mumbled, walking towards the kitchen. "We can order something if you want."

"Whatever you want to do."

Then I felt her kiss my cheek, taking my hand from my side with a slight apologetic look.

"Chinese?"

"Sure."

"Were you staying tonight? I do have to go to the studio to work with Carly for a bit, but I really shouldn't be too long."

"I should probably go home when you're leaving. I'd feel weird staying in your house by myself."

"Why? It's not a big deal, I want you here."

"I know, but I don't want to give my mom a reason to not let me come over, you know? I'd rather give it a little bit before I started spending the night. At least until my birthday."

"Ok," I frowned, letting out a sigh and got a bottle of Viatimin Water out of the fridge.

"You know I would if she wouldn't start getting on my case about it."

"I know, it's just that now working on my album, working with Carly, I feel like I hardly see you."

"I know." She whispered, looking down at her shoes and bit down on her lip. "But I'm here now."

"You're right," I whispered back, pulling her closer by her hand and finished it off by holding onto her waist. "I'm sorry. I'm really trying. It's not easy for me either."

"I know." She repeated, looking at me for just a split second.

I let go of her hand, reaching up and brushed back her hair, grazing my fingers along her cheek and stopped at her chin, holding her jaw gently between my two fingers and leaned down, pressing my lips against hers until I felt her kissing me back, feeling a tug inside my chest, because I knew she was hurting, and it was killing me too.

"I love you." I told her, staring into her eyes and felt the tug again, a frown forming on my face from the look on hers.

"I love you too."

"You know it'll be ok. We have a vacation to look forward to, you're still working on your movie. I know we have a few obstacles, but we have done it before."

"Yeah, but it always seems to get harder. I'm not trying to complain, I'm really not. It's ju- you know how I am."

"I know," I nodded, now cupping her cheeks in my hands so she kept her eyes on me. "And you mean everything to me, so don't worry."

"Ok," She said, her eyes darting back to mine as she took a deep breath. There is something that really is bothering me, and I'm just going to get it off my chest now, but you have to promise not to get mad at me."