H.O.H:The Missing Pieces:28:

December 18th

6:02 PM

"Hi," Lauren said as she opened the door, wearing the smile that always made me smile with her. "Merry Christmas."

"Merry Christmas." I said as she stepped aside and let me in, hooking my arm around her waist and kissed her cheek. "Do I smell cookies?"

"Yeah," She laughed, smiling at me again and led me into the kitchen. "Mom is doing her yearly baking."

"Hi Justin," Ms. Renee turned, smiling over at me with a similar smile Lauren wore.

"Hi Ms. Renee." I smiled back at her. "It smells really good."

"Thanks." She laughed. "Oh Lauren, I saved that ginger bread house, in case you wanted to do it."

My eyes widened and I turned my head, shifting on both of my feet as I looked at Lauren.

"Can we? Please?"

"Sure." She laughed. "Where did you put it?"

"In the dining room. I figured I'd make a mess in here, so I thought you could do it in there, when you actually had space."

"Ok. Do you want to do it now?"

"If you want to." I shrugged.

"I do." She nodded, motioning with her head to the dining room.

"Yay."

She giggled, shaking her head at me and picked it up.

"I'm warning you now, I'm a sucker for this frosting." She told me pointing at the box.

"Me too, it's ok." I grinned, then kissed her cheek. "You look pretty."

"Thank you." She blushed, resting her face into my shoulder

"You're welcome."

"You're going to help us decorate the tree, right?"

"Of course I am." I nodded, "that's one of the best parts."

"Yeah, it is." She smiled, her hair gently falling to one shoulder as she opened the box up. "Have you heard from your brother and sister?"

"Yeah," I nodded. "They're really excited to see you."

"Really?" He smile grew wider as she looked at me, the look on her face clearly not believing what I had said.

"Yeah, really." I nodded. "I think Jaxo has a little crush on you."

"No he doesn't." She laughed. "He's not even three yet, almost, but not quite."

"Little man has good taste," I shrugged. "What can I say?"

She blushed, trying to hide her face from me again as I smiled at her.

"Don't try to hide it. It's so cute."

"No it's not."

"Yes it is." I nodded, putting my arms around her waist all the way. "I wouldn't lie."

"I know." She turned her head, smiling back at me and kissed her cheek. "Now let's make a ginger bread house."

"Can the gingerbread man be named Justin?"

"Sure." She laughed. "He can be named Justin."

"Good. I'll probably eat him anyway."

"A gingerbread house without a gingerbread man to live in it. Poor house."