Duplicated

Five's POV

"What's the emergency," I hold out my vortex ring, taking the communication device right out of Y/n's hand. I hear a groan from behind me and see Diego and Klaus on the floor, along with Vanya and Luther. Y/n looks startled, her hand still out but empty of the device. Nicky's with her as well, along with an unfamiliar figure. 

"Who are they?" Y/n takes a step back. 

"Guys, I told you not to come!" I huff out a breath and stare at a random person in the room who looks exactly like me. And Nicky I guess. So now there's three of us. Everyone stares around the room for a minute, taking in each other's faces. Y/n and Nicky exchange glances and the other guy looks a bit shell-shocked. 

"Who the hell are you three?" Diego pulls out  a knife and waves it around. Y/n and Nicky both jump back and the other doppleganger holds up his hands in surrender. They back closer to a corner, behind their TV. Diego hops over the couch while Luther tries to restrain his arms. Klaus flops on the couch looking mildly amused and Vanya just stays behind me. 

"Diego, calm down!" I say, grabbing the knife out of his hand. Diego lunges at me and I blink behind him. Luther grabs his arms and motions to me as if to tell him to give me a chance to explain. Diego does an exaggerated hand flourish and plops down beside Klaus on the couch 

"Sorry, who are you guys?" Vanya asks softly, stepping out from behind me and looking towards Y/n and Nicky. 

"That's Nicky and y/n-" I point at them. "but I don't know who that is," I frown at the other guy. 

"I'm Aidan, uh, Aidan Gallagher," he says nervously. Stepping back behind y/n and Nicky, his worried green eyes flick back to my own identically shaded eyes. 

"And you're Five's alternate self," Luther points at Nicky. "You dress nothing like him." 

"No duh, Luther. We're the same person from different environments, which means we don't have the same mannerism, just DNA. Obviously we were raised in different families, therefore impacting our personalities and clothing choices," I say, rolling my eyes at him. 

"Right," Luther says, leaning on the couch behind Klaus

"How do you know that they're not dangerous?" Diego asks frowning. Vanya shoots him a look. 

"They're just kids," She says. 

"Look at this little face," Klaus says, getting up to smush Nicky's face around. 

"Don't ever do that to my face again," I say. 

"THaT was My fAce," Nicky says. Klaus takes a step back. 

"So why is Gallagher so similar to Nicky even though he's from the same dimension? That's not normal right?" Luther asks. 

"Yeah, I mean it could be like a mistake in the 'system' or whatever you call it," Y/n says. 

"I'm not a mistake!" Aidan says defensively. 

"Of course not," Klaus says. "Everyone here has a purpose!" 

"Way to be cheesy Klaus," Diego rolls his eyes. 

"Sorry, but what are you doing in our living room, and who are you guys?" Dawn comes into the front door, Dicky and Eve behind her with her hands on her hips. 

"These are my imbecile siblings, Diego, Klaus, whom you've met, Vanya, and Luther," I say. 

"Wait, where's Alison?" Y/n asks. 

"Shoot we forgot her," Klaus turns around, as if she's standing there. 

"We'll deal with that later. More importantly, why did you summon me here??" 

"We wanted to ask you if you knew why Aidan here is like Nicky's clone, yet they're from the same dimension." Y/n explains hurriedly. 

"I guess they're not dangerous," Diego mutters sticking the knife back in his pocket. 

"You guys really shouldn't be here," I say. "I don't know why Gallagher looks like us." I look at Nicky. 

"Oh," he says, unsure of me. I guess he's still hung up over that whole Y/n thing. 

"Guys, I don't mean to be rude, but this is kinda weird so I'm just gonna go..." Aidan says. 

"Don't you want to hear the answer?" Eve whispers from Dicky and Dawn's side. He hastily sits back down. 

"I guess.." 

"Listen, if I had to guess, you aren't a glitch in the system. You just happen to look like us-wait. You know what we need to do?" I pause. "This is entirely hypothetical, but if we traveled to another dimension- no." 

"Why not?" Dawn asks. 

"Because it could completely mess up the timeline!" I say, fiddling with my tie. "You're too much like us to just be a random doppelgänger." I add. "I think I know what this is, but to be sure, we have to go to dimension three." 

"Why do we need to go there?" Luther mumbles. 

"I think what happened, was that there was a glitch. When Aidan was 'created' something weird happened and he got duplicated." 

"Hold up what now?" Klaus looks taken aback. 

"Yeah, what the hell?" Aidan's expression is completely shell-shocked. 

"I know, I know it's crazy. Do you have any other theories?" I raise my eyebrows. 

"No but that's just crazy!" Dicky says, whistling. Apparently Ricky's still studying. 

"Did I just hear someone whistle?" There's Ricky. We fill him in on all the details and by the end he's staring at my siblings. "Do you guys have powers?" 

"Yeah, get over it, we're awesome," Klaus flips his hair. 

"Back to the big thing, how would you even prove that Aidan was 'duplicated'," Ricky shivers. 

"Duplicated is such an inhuman word, let's just say cloned," Aidan trails off. 

"Sure, call it what you want. The proof would be if we found another Aidan in dimension 3," I say. 

"But why would it even matter,  I mean why do we even care if there's another Aidan," Nicky says. "Sorry bro," 

"No offense taken." 

"I thought that the whole point of bringing Five here was to ask him?" Y/n says. 

"Yeah it was," Nicky says. 

"It's entirely up to you whether or not we try it," Eve says to Aidan. "Assuming Five's okay with this." 

"I don't even know you." I say quietly. And low and behold another whole conversation about Eve that results in Klaus sobbing over all the drama and Diego suggesting he go and kill this 'Marley,' and Luther asking why didn't Eve just ignore 'Marley' like the douche he is. 

"I think we should do it," Aidan say suddenly. "That was the whole point of you guys being here." 

"Okay dokey," Dawn says. "Let's go to dimension 3!" 

"Hold up, I'm not taking all of you...-"