Eve pt 3

Eve's POV

I run out of the school to the trailer, slamming the door behind me.  Quickly pulling out my phone, I send a quick text to Dicky.

Eve: I'm sorry...u are truly the greatest person i've ever known but i have to leave

Dicky's POV

"Something's wrong with Eve," I say as soon as I get through the door. Gasping for breath after running home from Tom's Get Sporty, I see Y/n and Nicky laying on the couch together. They glance up in surprise and stare at me for a minute.

"Eve? What's wrong with Eve?" Y/n asks, sitting up and pulling Nicky with her.

"I don't know," I say. "She ran out because of some girl-"

"Girl? Dicky's seeing a girl!" Dawn yells, picking up her cup of ice cream from the kitchen and carrying it to the living room.

"Shut up Dawn," I mutter, seeing Ricky also coming down the stairs. Dawn sits down in between y/n and Nicky on the couch and looks up at me, waiting.

"Did I hear that correctly?" Ricky asks.

"Yes, now would you please listen?" I say impatiently. Silence. "Okay, so yes Eve is a girl I've been seeing, she's my girlfriend."

"GIRLFRIEND?" (cue stranger things intro) Nicky , Ricky, Dawn, and Y/n exclaim.

"Wait, so Eve's your girlfriend?" Y/n asks. 

"We don't even know this 'Eve'," Ricky points between himself and Dawn.

"Yeah, I'm not done." I say. "There's this girl that was bullying her, named Marley."

"Marley, like the girl who got suspended for *something bad*?" Ricky asks.

"That weird girl that used to go to our school?" Dawn wrinkles her nose. 

"She still does," Nicky nods. 

"I think so. Anyways she said something about Eve living in a trailer, and then Eve ran out," I continue.

"Why didn't you follow her you idiot?" Y/n says.

"Cause, I was too shocked, ya know?" I say. "Then I get this text," I show them my phone.

"Leave? Like move away?" Nicky tilts his head. "How's she gonna do that?" 

"I have no idea," I shake my head. 

"This is bad!" Y/n exclaims. "She could get in trouble for driving a trailer to a whole new country!" 

"Besides, where would she get the money?" Nicky asks. 

"We have to find her," Dawn exclaims. "She could be in trouble!"

"Trouble?" I gasp. 

"We don't know that Dawn," Ricky glares.

"She probably just went back to her trailer," Nicky reasons. 

"But you don't know what 'leave' means," Y/n rolls her eyes at Nicky. "She could be leaving this country at the very second we're debating following her!" 

"I don't know guys," Dawn says, "this sounds like a bad idea," 

"Why?" I demand. "We have to find my girlfriend!" 

"Yeah Dawn, didn't you just say we have to find her?" Ricky points out. 

"Yeah, but she might not want to be found." Dawn reasons. I nod, but fully disagree in my head. 

"Dicky, have you considered calling her?" Y/n asks. OH. I smack my forehead and pull out my phone. Quickly, I dialed her number and waited. I hear a loud beep and I stare at my phone. 

"She blocked me!" I say, astonished. 

"I guess that means she doesn't want to be found," Nicky shakes his head. 

"Do you have any idea where she might be?" Dawn asks, looking at me. 

"No clue," I shrug, helplessly. 

"Well, you do know her the best," y/n says. 

"I haven't known her for that long," I look at the ground miserably. 

"She's your girlfriend!" Ricky shouts. 

...

I scout around the park, hoping to find her. She mentioned siblings before, so it's likely she's with them in the trailer. I wonder where it could be? There's only a couple campgrounds around here and it's not legal to park in a parking lot overnight. 

"Dawn?" I answer the phone as soon as it rings. 

"You better come NOW," Dawn says, her voice muffled. "It's urgent. Meet us at *destination* ASAP." 

I hang up the phone and dash to my bike. Hopping on, I pedal as quickly as I can down the road, narrowly avoiding being hit by a car. The ride isn't far, but I strain myself to push harder, beads of sweat running down my forehead. I have to get there in time. 

...

Y/n's POV

This is bad, this is very bad. I hug Nicky for comfort as we wait for Dicky to arrive. The trailer is in plain view, but it's clear there's something very wrong. 

"What's going on?" Dicky gasps, dropping his bike like it's on fire and coming over to us. 

"Look," Dawn points to the pink scooter parked right next to Eve's trailer. "It's Marley's,"