Panic

"Dicky?" Y/n stares at me. I look away from her and bring my eyes to Nicky. It seems like time is frozen. 

"I'm sorry I kept it a secret from all of you. I didn't want to like you. I'm sorry!" I shout. 

"Dicky. It's okay." Nicky laughs. 

"WHat?" I look up in surprise. 

"It's fine. You can't control your feelings." Nicky says. 

DON'T I WISH THAT'S HOW IT WENT. I blink again. 

"I'm sorry I didn't tell you guys," I start. "I didn't mean to get in the way of you two at all." 

And this is how it actually went. 

"Dicky, how could you?" Nicky yells. "You knew I liked her yet you chose to like her anyways."

"Nicky." Y/n puts a hand on his shoulder. "Dicky, it's okay. I'm a bit shocked but, it's not like you did anything wrong." 

"WRONG?" Nicky explodes. "YOu broke THe QUad Code!" 

"WHat?" I ask. 

"You can't like the same person as your brother! IT's against the code!" Nicky says. 

"Nicky, calm down. He didn't act on anything. He didn't try to steal Y/n. He just likes her, okay?" Ricky says reassuringly. 

"I'm sorry," I repeat. 

"Sorry?" Nicky scoffs and runs out of the room. 

"Nicky, wait?" I collapse on the ground. I ruined everything. Ricky goes after Nicky and Dawn smiles sadly at me. 

"He just needs time to calm down." Dawn says before heading down the stairs. 

"Dicky?" Y/n sits beside me. "I'm not mad at you. I just don't know why you didn't tell me before." 

"I was too scared." I shrugged. "All the time, when I like someone I just tell them. But with you it's different. I was so scared you wouldn't like me back so I just kept it a secret." 

"Dicky..." Y/n hugs me. My eyes widen. This is not a good sign. Or is it? At least she's not mad. But Nicky is. And I have to fix this. 

"What do I do about Nicky?" I ask, pulling away reluctantly. 

"I don't know." y/n runs a hand through her h/c hair. "I didn't know he would react this way, honestly." 

"I think..." I start. "I think Nicky always considered himself third-best to the rest of us. You know? He thought that he didn't have anything special about him like the rest of us. But he does. He has you." 

"That's so sweet." Y/n smiles. "Nicky is so much more than that though. He's kind, compassionate and-sorry you probably don't want to hear this." 

"It's okay...Go find Nicky, okay?" I get to my feet. 

"Are you okay, though?" Y/n asks. 

"I'll be...I'll be fine." I try to smile, but my heart still feels broken. 

"Okay," Y/n slowly backs out of the room. 

...

Y/n's POV

I can't believe Dicky likes me! This is such a huge bomb. And the way Nicky just yelled at him was...completely shocking. I honestly didn't think he had it in him to do something like that. To just explode! I have to find him though. To think that he believed that I would leave him, or to be so insecure is pretty sad. I love Nicky and I wouldn't trade that for anything. I just hope he knows that.