New Beginnings

Y/n's POV

I stand in front of my mirror, Dawn behind me, looking into it. 

"What do you think?" I ask hesitantly, waiting for the answer, good or bad. 

"I absolutely love it," Dawn gushes, hugging me. I reconsider the dress I have on. 

(This is your dress)

"Well, this is the one I bought," I say awkwardly, stating the obvious. I twirl around, admiring the sparkles. Dresses aren't really my thing but I kinda like this one. And for the End of Year Grade 10 dance, this is definitely a time to dress up. I guess. 

"It's amazing." Dawn laughs. "Do you want to see mine?" 

"Sure!" I quickly change back into my regular clothes.

"Let's go!" Dawn grabs my hand and leads me out the door

...

Ricky's POV

My hands are sweating. I cannot believe I'm doing this. 

"Hi?" I squeak as the door in front of me. 

"Oh? Ricky? Hi?" Natlee says, surprised. She looks so pretty today. I know what you're thinking...Me and...Natlee? But I actually really like her. I know it's weird. I know it's very shocking. But it's true. 

"Hi?"

"Hi..." 

"HEYYY..." Okay, so this is not how I imagined this going...

...

Dawn's POV

I open my closet door slowly to reveal my dress. I just hope Y/n likes it. And Joey. 

(Sorry the picture wouldn't go in)

The dress is red with small sequins up the sleeve and it goes down past my knee. I saw it on sale at (DRESS SHOP) and I immediately had to buy it!

"Oh my god, Dawn it's amazing!" Y/n squeals. 

"Thank you!" 

"What are you two up to?" Nicky comes into my room. "Oh. That's a nice dress." He says lamely. 

"Uh, what are you doing in here?" I ask.

"Hey Love," Nicky kisses Y/n on the lips. I clear my throat loudly. 

"Oh. Sorry," Y/n's cheeks are flushed. 

"Nicky, would you please leave?" I demand. 

"Fine, fine," He backs out of the room. 

"So do you know who Ricky's asking?" Y/n asks. 

...

Ricky's POV

"Hi Natlee..." I say for like the tenth time. 

"What are you doing here Ricky?" Natlee asks, looking confused. 

"Uh, willyougotothedancewithme?" 

"What was that?" Natlee asks. 

"Uh. Do you want to maybe if you want but you don't have to only if you really want to maybe uh go with me to the you know dance that's happening but you don't have to but I was just wondering if you would want to or consider going with me but only if...only if you want and I really like you so if you want to go to the dance with me that would be amazing because I really like you and-"

"I'm sorry Ricky I didn't quite catch any of that." 

I take a deep breath. This is going nowhere.