Chapter 41

Thank you for 136k!❤️ The song in this chapter is "Photograph" by Ed Sheeran. Start the song when Kat says, "Distract me" and let it play until the end of the chapter for maximum feels!
.
.
.

"Dad?"

He stands up from the couch the second the words fall from my lips.

"Kitty Kat?" he clarifies.

I cringe at the nickname.

"Cam?" He smiles, but Cameron's deathly glare remains.

"I can explain," my mom says, standing at my dad's side.

"What is this?" Cameron asks quietly, his short fuse about to blow.

"I've been talking to your father," she says.

"No shit," Cameron retorts.

My father's eyes land on me and I back away slightly.

"Is this why you've been drinking again?" Cameron asks her.

She remains silent and looks down at the floor.

"What is he doing here?" I ask quietly, questioning if they even heard me.

"I'm here to see you," my father answers for himself.

"Where? Here or in the basement?" Cameron raises his voice.

"Cameron," my mother scolds, though she has no right.

"I know how this must feel right now, but I'm willing to put the past in the past if you are," he offers, and that's when I lose it.

"The past in the past? The past in the fucking past? You're joking, you must be! Quick, get out the cameras! Father of the year wants to put the past in the past!" I scream at him.

"Katya-" he tries to interject.

"I mean there's not much to put in the past, other than the fact that you beat us in the basement four years ago for no damn reason. But you know, you're here now! All is forgiven, right Cameron?!" I continue my rage.

Cameron doesn't speak.

"You know, my life was finally turning around. It was finally good and I was finally happy. But no, you probably sensed that, didn't you daddy? So you came here to screw up this family again! Well guess what? I'm not having it! I hated you four years ago and I hate you now! Nothing you say will ever, ever change that!" I yell at him.

"Now if you'll excuse me," I say, my voice hoarse, "I'm going to my room. You remember where that is, don't you? Or do you only remember seeing me in the basement?"

I give him one last glare before marching upstairs. When my door shuts, I break down. He's here in my home and the memories are already replaying in my mind. I take out my phone and dial the one person, the only person that I wish was here right now.

"Hey baby, how was your flight?" Nash's voice plays through my ears, already putting me at ease.

I'm just about to reply when I hear Cameron yelling and glass break.

"Was that Cameron? What's going on? Is it your mom?" his frantic voice asks.

"He's here," I whisper.

"What? Who?" he asks.

"He's here," I repeat, unable to control my sobs.

There's a brief pause before he says, "Oh my God."

I nod as if he could see me.

"You need to get out of there," Nash tells me.

"Where would I go?" My voice cracks. "It's not like I have any friends."