Chapter 57

Thank you for 254k! Sorry it took so long, thank you for being so patient.❤️

.
.
.

He stands there in a puddle of scarlet red, hands stained with mistakes and guilty eyes focused on the bloodied ground. I stare at him, silently pleading that he'll explain or say something to make me understand his troubled, but beautiful, mind; though he remains silent. Blonde hair slightly covers the paled skin and wounded neck, though now it's color is highlighted with red. The blood-stained knife rests beside her, almost mocking her stillness. Sirens could be heard in the near distance, and yet he doesn't flinch. His sea-colored eyes remain on what he's done as his hands drip with regret.

I want to ask him why. I want to scream at him why, but I can't find the words that would make him want to answer me. I hear a police door shut the same moment his eyes make contact with mine; so intensely that I have to look away before my heart combusts. When I gain the courage to look back, Nash is gone and is replaced with my brother. His hands are taken behind his back and trapped with silver reminders of what he's done. They lead him into the car as someone covers her body with a white sheet. They shove Cameron into the car and he screams at me, begging for my help. I stare at him as they take him away while he bangs on the windows. And then I realize I don't care.

He's a murderer.

My eyes open quickly and I sit up. That was... different; a lot shorter than what I'm used to. In my nightmares, I never usually end up okay. Something usually happens to me, whether it be physically or mentally. But this time I just... watched. I check the time and it's only two in the morning. I also notice that it's Thursday which means we leave for Magcon tomorrow after Hayes is finished with school. Seeing as I'm awake now, I pop into Nash's room only to see that he's not in his bed. Confused, I grab a blanket and go out into the backyard where I find him sat on the bench.

"Hey," I say, causing him to jump.

"Sorry, didn't mean to scare you."

"No, no, it's fine. What are you doing up?" he asks me.

"Nightmare," I sit down next to him, "what about you?"

"I'm thinking about Charlie's parents," he tells me.

"Oh... So you're going to see them?"

"I don't know if they'd really want to see me considering I'm the number one suspect in their daughter's murder case," he says.

"I'm sure they don't believe it. And if they're just doubting it, I think visiting them will confirm their doubts of you not doing it."

Nash sighs and takes my hand in his causing my heart to flutter, even in a situation like this.

"I want you to come with me," he says.

"I already told you, showing up with a new girl could come off as... I don't know, wrong."

"Not if I say you're my friend. Which is true Katya. I don't just love you, you're my friend," he says.

"I know, but I've never met them," I tell him.

He turns his body to face me.

"You are the most important thing in my life right now, which is both amazing and terrifying, so I want you to know and experience everything important to me and this, Kat, is important to me," he tells me.

"I like it when you call me Kat," I admit.

"Really? Why?" he asks.

"I don't know, you only called me Katya to annoy me. I like the way you say Kat."