Chapter 19

Just a quick note, the song she sings in this chapter is belowwww if you want to play it while reading... and thank you for 9k❤️

.

.

.

Song for this chapter : Keep Holding On - Avril Lavigne

Ten minutes. Ten minutes until I preform live. Somehow, they thought it would be a good idea for me to open for Shawn, so I'm one of the first acts. I desperately look at the clock every five seconds, wishing that it would slow down.

Tick tock, tick tock.

Nine minutes. Jacob Whitesides' voice can be heard loud and clear; the beautiful music of his guitar blaring through the room. I wipe my sweaty palms on my shorts and take deep breaths. I can do this. You can do this. I glance at the clock.

Tick tock, tick tock.

Eight minutes. Time seems to go in fast motion just to annoy me. It wants me to fail, everyone is expecting me to fail, but I won't; I can't. There is too much at stake this time, too much I'm not willing to give up yet. I softly hum the song to myself in an attempt to calm my nerves. I peer at the clock.

Tick tock, tick tock.

Seven minutes. Cheers can be heard as one of the songs end, only to have a new one start. Will I have that? Will people cheer for me? What if they boo me? I wouldn't be able to handle that. No, I played in front of a bunch of people and I did just fine. They cheered and they sang along and it was everything I've ever wanted and hoped for. This will work, it has to work. My eyes shift to the clock.

Tick tock, tick tock.

Six minutes. I nervously tap my foot and shake my leg all at once, making it seem like I'm having a seizure. What happened to me? Just an hour earlier I was telling Nash how ready I was for this performance, and now I'm shaking as bad as a chihuahua! I guess the nerves were just waiting to float to the surface, but I will not let them overcome me. I will go out and I will preform and I will be amazing. I gaze at the clock.

Tick tock, tick tock.

Five minutes. At this point, the music stops and I start to feel nauseous. Am I really doing this? I stand up from the stool I was previously sitting on and pace back and fourth. This is happening, this is real life. I'm going to go out there and actually sing in front of an audience. I practically run to the vanity and check my hair and makeup. It's good, everything's good. Just go out and sing and everything will be fine. I close my eyes and slowly open them before looking at the clock.

Tick tock, tick tock.

Four minutes. I see Nash walking up to me and freeze.

"Ready?" he asks excitedly.

"I can't do this. I can't do this, Nash. I'm going to go out there and mess up and everyone's going to make fun of me and-"

Nash stops my blabbering by pressing his soft, full lips to mine. Luckily, no one was backstage to see our little encounter.

"You're amazing. You'll do amazing," he whispers.

"But... but what if-"

"Even if you mess up, which you won't, you'll still be amazing," Nash cuts me off again, squeezing my hands for support.

"Why are you being so nice to me?" I ask him.

"Because you need me right now, you need all of us right now," Nash tells me.