Chapter 27

Thank you for 44k❤️ Remember to follow the story's Twitter account (@simply_kg_)! Don't forget to comment!

.

.

.

"She's gone," Nash says, looking off into the distance.

"Who's gone Nash?" I ask him, still holding him in my arms.

Nash looks at me and then, as if it were a sudden realization of what he's said, widens his eyes and laughs nervously.

"Um, no one. It uh, it was a joke." He shakes his head and removes himself from my arms.

"Nash-"

"Just drop it Katya," he demands before standing up from the bed and walking into the bathroom.

I sigh in frustration and leave before I wake Hayes up.

"Kat! You're gonna be late!" I hear Cameron call from downstairs.

I pad down the stairs and eat some cereal. When I finish, Nash joins us; dark circles under his eyes. I glance at him for a second, but then quickly look away when he catches me. All three of us pile into the car and Cameron starts to drive.

"Why are you coming with us Nash?" I ask him.

"I don't know, it's better than staying home I guess." He keeps his blue-eyed gaze out the window.

I lean back in my seat. Has he been having nightmares this whole time? Who was he dreaming about? Who is she? The buildings of our city pass one by one until my school finally comes into view.

"Be safe," Cameron says, like always.

"I will, thanks." I say while opening my car door.

Just as I'm about to walk towards the building, I hear another door slam shut.

"What are you doing?" I ask Nash who just got out of the car.

"Walking you to the school," Nash says, as if it were that obvious.

"Why?" I inquire.

"I just want to make sure you're safe." He shrugs, gesturing for me to start walking.

I sigh and begin the pathway to hell. I shouldn't need a body guard to go to school. School should be this place where I feel safe, but it's the exact opposite. Nash and I walk side by side, earning a few surprised and jealous glares from passing bystanders.

"Everyone's staring," I whisper.

"Just ignore them," he replies.

"Easy for you to say, you're used to all of this," I counter.

He doesn't answer. When we arrive at the front door, three guys stand with a bucket in their hands. They immediately freeze when they see Nash standing beside me.

"Just make it quick," I tell them, shutting my eyes.

"C'mon guys, put the bucket down." I hear Nash say, causing me to open my eyes curiously.

"Why should we?" one guy speaks up.

Nash takes a step towards him.

"I'm not just famous for my vines, buddy," he tells him.

My heart sinks. He's referring to the rumor that he hurt Charlie. The boy's face turns white, realizing that he was the guy that was all over the news for allegedly killing his girlfriend, and they all walk away slowly. Nash turns to look at me, but I look away.