Chapter 5

Song for this chapter : Say Something - A Great Big World

"Daddy please stop," I plead.

"You've been a bad girl," he tells me, getting closer.

"Mommy!" I scream, tears running down my cheeks.

"Mommy can't hear you down here sweet heart." He chuckles deeply.

"Go away!" I scream at him.

"Shut up!" he shouts, slapping me across the face.

I hold my cheek in pain and cry as he walks up to Cameron. Cameron is begging, pleading him not to hurt him, but that doesn't stop him. He tells Cam to take off his shirt and turn around, which he does. My dad takes off his belt and strikes Cameron's back hard, earning a scream from him. I cry harder as I watch my father whip him multiple times before his eyes set on me. He walks up to me slowly leaving Cameron crying and crippled on the floor. "Don't... Don't hurt her." I hear him say as my father raises the belt, ready to strike me.

"KAT WAKE UP!" I hear two voices scream.

My eyes shoot open, my fingers immediately wiping my tear stained cheeks. I look around the room and see Cameron and Matt staring at me with concerned looks on their faces. I'm backstage, though I don't hear any noise. Is Magcon over? How long was I out? I try to recall what happened and why I have this massive headache. "She's with me dude, calm down. And I don't want you touching any more of our fans, got it?" It was Nash telling off that dumbass security guard trying to kick me out. So where is Nash? Did he really just leave after I fainted? He is such a jerk! I don't understand why he hates me so much. What have I done to him that's worse than what he does to me? Granted, I did shove a baby crab down his trunks but still...

I haven't had this nightmare since I was little. I wonder what triggered it; I hope it's not here to stay. I use to have them every night when I was small. My mother always used to wonder why; if only she knew those nightmares were true events. My basement is forever haunted with images of my father beating us while our mom was out. It holds the screams and cries and the begging that happened every night while she was at work. I wonder if Cameron had, or still has, these nightmares. What fuels the dreams is knowing that he is still out there somewhere. He knows where we live. He knows our daily routine. He probably knows where I am right now...

"Are you okay?" Cam finally speaks.

"Yeah, bad dream." I shrug it off, though it terrifies me.

They can't be back, they just can't.

"Nash told us what happened." Matt rubs the back of his neck.

"Yeah, then he left," I scoff.

"Want to talk about your dream?" Matt asks me.

"No, but could you get me some water please?"

"Of course," he says and immediately leaves.

I break down instantly and Cameron pulls me into a hug.

"They're back, aren't they?" he whispers.

"I don't want them to be back." I cry harder.

"I know Kat, I know. It's gonna be okay. They'll go away just like last time." He runs his fingers through my hair comfortingly.

"You were there too," I sob. "He grabbed the belt and-"

"Stop thinking about it," he cuts me off. "I'm going to go tell Bart you're awake okay?"

I nod as he leaves me alone with my dark thoughts. I bury my face in my hands and continue my pity party. The door slowly creeks open and a glass of water is placed in my hand.