Chapter 16

Thank you so much for 4k!<3

.

.

.

Song for this chapter : Daydreamin' - Ariana Grande

It was almost six o'clock. The wind was picking up slightly and darkness was slowly creeping in. We were all currently waiting outside of the hotel to go pick up the others. All of their flights were landing about the same time, so we figured that we'd pick them up from the airport and go eat.

"The van is here," Cameron tells everyone.

Our white van pulls into the valet and we all climb into it. I'm sat next to Hayes, Cameron and Nash across from us. Nash has his gaze set outside; his head resting gently on the window. His blue orbs are focused on the cars passing by us, and I can't help but continue to stare.

"You know you've been staring at him this whole time right?" Hayes whispers to me.

"Who? Nash?" I ask.

"The fact that you even asked tells me you know exactly who I'm talking about." He smirks.

"I was staring out his window," I lie.

"You have a window right next to you," Hayes reminds me.

Shit.

"I like his view better."

"Why can't you just admit that you like him?" Hayes asks.

I look at Nash one more time before saying, "Because he'll never like me back."

I shift in my seat until my head is resting against my window. What am I doing taking interest in a guy like Nash? Shouldn't I have learned from Austin that boys like him don't like girls like me? Super attractive boys with goofy smiles and dreamy eyes don't go for ordinary girls with a screwed up past; it's just logic.

"Why don't you just tell him," Hayes whispers.

"He'll laugh at me," I say pathetically.

"Nash is many things, most of them bad, but he's not a total monster. He would never do that to any girl, Kat," Hayes says.

"Plus," he adds, "I'm 99.9% sure he's in to you."

Pink creeps onto my cheeks and I quickly look away.

"Just promise you won't tell him," I beg.

"Kat-"

"Promise," I say again.

"Okay I promise. Just tell him," Hayes says as we pull up to the airport.

"Never!" I sing as I run out of the bus.

My dreadful singing stops when I crash into another body causing us to fall.

"Sorry," he says and laughs.

"Matt?" I laugh, still on top of him.

"Did you miss me?" he jokes.

"Aren't we getting cozy here," I hear Nash's voice.

"Shut up," I say standing up.

"Missed you man," Cameron says giving Matt a hug.

"Are the others here?" I ask.

"No not yet. I got an early flight." He smiles.

"I wonder why," Nash mutters and I smack his arm.

"Let's go inside," Hayes says and we all follow him.

"They're all coming to meet us in baggage claim," Cameron says as we make a turn.