Chapter 25

THANK YOU FOR 34K YOU AMAZING PEOPLE!😍 remember to follow the story's twitter (@simply_kg_) for update news and more!:)

.

.

.

I wasn't looking forward to school today, not that the weekend was so great. My backpack was slung over my shoulder as I walked towards the back exit as usual. I was surprised to find that Elena wasn't holding the door open, so I knocked a couple times. There was no answer. Things started feeling a little weird, so I turned to walk away. Just then, the rusty door opened leaving a long creak behind it. I turned around and saw no one holding it there, so I walked inside the building. All was quiet, not even the chattering that usually went on before classes started could be heard. I walked up the stairs and into the main hallway; no one to be found.

I looked around, trying to figure out if we had school today. I walked over to my locker and opened it causing a small, white note to flutter down. Curious as to what it was, I picked it up and opened it. I gasped at what I read. In red capital letters was the word "DIE". I dropped the note and closed my locker quickly, planning to get out of here as fast as I could. I turned around, but stopped abruptly when I saw him.

He stood there, menacing as ever, in the middle of the hallway. He wore a devilish smirk and his eyes were narrowed at me. His arms were crossed in a demeaning manner as he stood proud and tall towering over me.

"Why are you here?" I asked weakly.

"I'm always here," he said, "everyday watching you."

"Stop following me everywhere," I demanded

He chuckled deeply.

"Oh please, what are you gonna do about it?" my father inquired.

I stayed silent and began to walk to the front door. I didn't want to spend another minute with him and my house wasn't that far away. When I finally reached the doors, Heather was waiting outside. I jumped back slightly in surprise at the sight of her.

"Where do you think you're going?" Heather asked, pushing me back inside.

"Why are you here?"

"I heard you were putting on a show, bringing your own pole and everything," she cackled.

I rolled my eyes and headed towards the back exit where I came from. I skimmed down the stairs and pushed the heavy metal open once more, only to see Austin standing in my way.

"You too?" My voice cracked.

"You should know by now that everyone hates you," Austin told me.

"That's not true," I defended.

I turned and ran back upstairs. There had to be another way out, there had to be. I turned a corner and bumped into Andrea and Jenn.

"Everyone hates you," they said in unison.

"No." I shook my head, running the other way.

I made another turn and stopped right before I crashed into Elena.

"Everyone hates you," she said.

"Stop it!" I yelled.

I turned back around and found myself in the main hallway again where everyone stood in front of me.