Chapter 6

Song for this chapter : Kiss Me - Ed Sheeran

"W-What are you doing?" my voice trembles.

"Tying you up so you can't run," he says.

"W-Where's Cameron?" I stutter.

"He's just... cleaning up a little."

"What did you do to him?" I cry for the pain of my brother.

"The same thing I'm going to do to you if you don't shut up," he threatens.

Just then, Cameron walks in; I almost gasp at the sight. He is only in his boxers, which are slightly torn. Bruises run up his arms and legs and rope marks are visible on his wrists and ankles. There are multiple whip marks on his back and chest, some still showing the freshly opened skin. I'm guessing he was cleaning the ounces of blood that probably left his body. Tear stains are evident on his cheeks, and I know the only reason he stopped crying was because I'm here. He thinks he needs to be strong for me, but he doesn't. I'm bawling at my brother's appearance, but he mouths the words "it's okay" to me. I know he doesn't mean it, I know he's feeding me false hope, but I nod anyway.

"Okay," Cameron begins, "you've had your fun. Can we go upstairs now?"

"But I haven't even gotten to your sister." He smiles at me evilly, making me cringe.

"Don't hurt her, hurt me again! Hurt me as many times as you want just don't touch her!" he shouts.

"Now what's the fun in that?" My father steps closer to me.

"Cam..." I cry.

"Get away from her you bastard," Cameron says.

"What did you call me?" My dad's head snaps in Cameron's direction.

"I called you a bastard," he speaks bravely.

"We'll see who's the bastard," my father mumbles as he gets his belt again.

"Mom!" Cameron yells.

Then his words transform into something I don't remember happening.

"Kat!" he yells.

I'm stuck to the ground, my feet won't budge.

"Kat!" he yells again.

I desperately try to move but I'm frozen in place.

My dad lifts up the belt to strike him when-

"KAT!" I hear different voices scream.

My eyes shoot open, and it takes me a minute to realize where I am. I'm sitting on the cold tile of the bathroom floor, one arm draped over the toilet. It smells awful, or maybe it's just me. I stand up and look into the mirror. The dark circles under my eyes compliment my tear stained cheeks. My hair was thrown into a messy bun; too messy for my taste. My mascara is smeared all over my face and I struggle not to break down again. I hear the boys call my name again, but ignore them and run a bath. I step in slowly letting the hot water loosen my tense muscles.

I sigh and recall the events of last night. I should've known Nash was being decent for a reason. Maybe it was so I wouldn't be as mad when the truth came out. He was wrong. I've never allowed anyone to hear me sing except if they walked in secretly like someone did. Now, over six million people have heard me and the thought makes me want to throw up again. Now what do I do? How can I possibly go out in public with everyone snickering behind my back? Nash has taken it too far this time, and I'm going to make him realize it.