Chapter 75

Song in this chapter is "Love You Goodbye" by One Direction. Play it while she sings, it's wayyy better! :)
.
.
.

Music plays loudly throughout our room, causing me to jolt awake. My tired eyes land on the source, my hands immediately fumbling for my phone and answering the call.

"Hello?" I answer tiredly, causing Hayes to stir next to me.

"Where are you?" his raspy voice demands.

"Dan?" I whisper, carefully getting up from the bed.

"I said where the hell are you?" he repeats.

"I'm in San Diego? You said goodbye to us yesterday...?" I go into the bathroom so no one else has to wake up.

"I did?" he asks in a much softer tone.

"Yeah, you did. Are you okay?" I ask him curiously.

"I'm uh... I'm fine. Have fun," he says before hanging up abruptly.

Confusion washes over me, but I decide to brush it off. Since when has Dan done anything that wasn't confusing? I check the time to see that it's 7:00 and groan. What the hell am I supposed to do for four hours? I can't go back to sleep now. Completely annoyed, I decide to change into a dress and scoop my hair into a messy ponytail. I put on some mascara and grab my purse, leaving Cameron and Hayes a note that I went out for breakfast.

I quietly shut the door behind me before heading towards the elevators. I'm surprised to see Nash leaning against the wall, eyes focused on his phone and a SnapBack thrown messily on his head.

"What are you doing up this early?" I ask him.

My voice startles him, causing his phone to fall to the floor.

"Jesus," he mutters under his breath, a small smile forming on his face.

"I couldn't sleep," he says while picking up his phone.

As he stands back up, I notice the dark circles under his eyes, my heart slightly aching.

"Sorry," I say, knowing I'm the reason.

"Don't apologize. You never let me apologize so you don't get to either," he says seriously.

I slowly nod as the elevator doors open. Nash holds them for me, and I quietly thank him as I walk in.

"So where were you going?" I ask him as the doors close again.

"I was thinking Nekter," he says, and I look at him completely lost.

He laughs lightly.

"It's a smoothie place," he informs me.

"Oh... so you're going there for breakfast?" I inquire.

"That was the plan," he replies.

"Interesting," I say, causing him to smile.

"Is this your way of hinting that you'd like to come with me?" His smile widens.

"Oh, I thought you'd never ask!" I play along, laughing as he shakes his head.

The elevator doors open, the lobby inviting us in. We quickly walk outside where a taxi is already waiting for us.

"You come prepared," I say with a mock-impressed look.

"Aren't I always?" he retaliates, opening the door for me.

The buildings pass by rather slow, and I take in the details of each one. This city, or what I've seen of it, is very beautiful and full of life. The traffic, however, is awful; though it does give me more time to glance around.